Pretty nice day...

Today is Good Friday which meant I had a day off from work. It also meant that I was able to sleep late (woke up at 7:00 as opposed to 5:00). Things have been hectic lately so I decided to take the day to myself and go shooting. First though I wanted to take ride out to Springfield.

I left the house around 10:00 and drove out to Rermsport Mfg in Hudley. I wanted to talk to John (formerly JDL Sales) about building a custom 1911. John wasn't there so I continued on to AAA Guns in Springfield. I had never been to AAA Guns but knew that they had reloading supplies so I hoped to score some primers. Unfortunately they had nothing in stock.

On the way back I called Remsport again and this time John was in. I have dealt with John in the past but had never met him in person. He took me on a quick tour of Remsport. It was a lot of fun. Not often does one have a chance to take a look behind the scenes of gun manufacturing. After meeting John and placing an order for a compact 1911 I drove over to the my club for some needed range time. The range was empty so I was able to do some multi target shooting as well as shooting while moving. Things didn't go too well and it appears that I need a lot of practice. [smile]

All-in-all a pretty good day.

I would have enjoyed that day.

If you talk to John again please wish him and his family a Happy Easter from me and NES. Thanks!

John's still around? Whatever happened to JDL Sales?

I want to know the same thing! Didn't he have a whole bunch of cryptic posts that made it sound like something went wrong? I was wondering what was up.....

John integrated JDL Sales with Remsport Mfg. JDL no longer exists but if you want AR parts you can still get in touch with John. From the look of things I believe that his is now focusing primarily on the 1911 market.

Ooh, a custom 1911? Is it going to be expensive?

Ummm...yeah...probably. I don't have the full price yet.

Back
Top Bottom