• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prepping for Non-Resident LTC Interview

My father has his interview coming up in October for his Non-Resident MA temporary LTC. He possessed an LTC Class A when a MA resident so I'm not really worried about the process for him, but I have heard that they may throw a curve ball or two to see if you are keen on MA gun laws during the interview. Is there somewhere where he can glance over the basic's of MA gun laws to better prepare him? Thanks for your time.

Understand that he needs to have a well thought out reason for wanting an unrestricted non-res LTC-A!

I am 100% serious here; "all lawful purposes", "personal protection", "it's my constitutional/2A right", ect. will be denied an unrestricted and given a useless restricted non-res LTC-A. Take some time and do some homework on this one.

I did my interview two weeks ago. The gemtleman who did the interview was very easy to talk with. He reviewed all of the info in the application to be sure it was correct in the computer. He asked the question about why I wanted the Non-Res permit and gave me time to go through my reasons. He looked at my safety certificate and asked how I liked the course. I said it was good and made favorable comments about the instructor. There was no quiz on the content of the course. I asked whether I would get an unrestricted permit and he said that he doesn't make that decision - the Director does.

Tell him not to worry - it will go well!

Aside from the interview, he should study the many well-done posts on MA gun laws on the forum so that he doesn't run afoul of the many requirements that don't exist in the free states.

Back
Top Bottom