Preppers, Minutemen, Zombies and Molle pouches.

For those of you who do not know, I have a Youtube channel. I do a variety of videos from politics, gunsmithing videos, opinion videos and prepping/mine_ute-men videos.(sorry, avoiding DeeAechEss keyword there).

I just put up one video as part of my prepping 101 series on Molle Frag grenade pouches and what they can be used for, what can be put in them. Its nothing special but I thought I would share it Prepping 101: Molle hand grenade pouches and their non-grenade uses. - YouTube here. Oh and I am giving away one grenade pouch to one or a few people who participate in the giveaway. Details are in the video.
I plan to do give aways on other gear in the future. I buy alot of gear in bulk and molle pouches 10 at a time most of the time. I always have extras at the end of the day.

Please feel free to watch, like, comment, subscribe and all the stuff on any of my videos.
Thanks
Dave

For those of you who do not know, I have a Youtube channel. I do a variety of videos from politics, gunsmithing videos, opinion videos and prepping/mine_ute-men videos.(sorry, avoiding DeeAechEss keyword there).

I just put up one video as part of my prepping 101 series on Molle Frag grenade pouches and what they can be used for, what can be put in them. Its nothing special but I thought I would share it Prepping 101: Molle hand grenade pouches and their non-grenade uses. - YouTube here. Oh and I am giving away one grenade pouch to one or a few people who participate in the giveaway. Details are in the video.
I plan to do give aways on other gear in the future. I buy alot of gear in bulk and molle pouches 10 at a time most of the time. I always have extras at the end of the day.

Please feel free to watch, like, comment, subscribe and all the stuff on any of my videos.
Thanks
Dave

Can you give away a grenade instead lol, seriously though we should totally be allowed to own them :D. A few months ago I was trying to think of uses for the pouches, always have your hoppes on hand by utilizing the grenade pouch. Also, they could be pretty useful for like first aid stuff, survival stuff like snap match, tennis balls for your four legged friends, spare ammo for revolvers possibly?

Can you give away a grenade instead lol, seriously though we should totally be allowed to own them :D. A few months ago I was trying to think of uses for the pouches, always have your hoppes on hand by utilizing the grenade pouch. Also, they could be pretty useful for like first aid stuff, survival stuff like snap match, tennis balls for your four legged friends, spare ammo for revolvers possibly?
I would use them for a "throw down" bag of skittles

Some fire works, m80 pouches lol. I saw them on sale for cheap but trying to figure out an excuse to buy one was hard. I sat there got a while and couldn't think of anything logical.
I think if you have a chest rig, having one or two couldn't hurt. You may not know what you would put in there now, but having a small pocket that is easily accessible may prove handy. I joked about skittles, but having a light snack, beef jerky or power bar, without having to take off your pack may be a good thing. I wouldn't lose sleep over not having one though.

I think if you have a chest rig, having one or two couldn't hurt. You may not know what you would put in there now, but having a small pocket that is easily accessible may prove handy. I joked about skittles, but having a light snack, beef jerky or power bar, without having to take off your pack may be a good thing. I wouldn't lose sleep over not having one though.

Actually, that was my thoughts I'm still back and forth on what to do for plate carrier chest rig but if I had one I probably would've grabbed one. Who knows when the shtf I may find a grenade laying around to accidently blow myself up with lol.

Actually, that was my thoughts I'm still back and forth on what to do for plate carrier chest rig but if I had one I probably would've grabbed one. Who knows when the shtf I may find a grenade laying around to accidently blow myself up with lol.

I went with Condor stuff for my rig. Two separate vests, one for plates and one for mags and stuff to go over the first.

I am assuming if I see a grenade lying around after the Schumer hits the fan, I will have to throw it back at the blue helmet before it finishes cooking off.

I went with Condor stuff for my rig. Two separate vests, one for plates and one for mags and stuff to go over the first.

I am assuming if I see a grenade lying around after the Schumer hits the fan, I will have to throw it back at the blue helmet before it finishes cooking off.

Haha, yeah lets hope the grenade come with molle pouches from the un troop that died long before you got to him. I'm thinking of doing a 3a lightweight Kevlar vest to go behind my plates. Idea being I could use the thing covert vest daily and if the shtf I could toss plates over it. I'm just now researching and trying to decide what to put into the bug out bag in building, with the intent to test some stuff out next weekend on the 3 day camping trip I'm going on.

A friend of mine who knows his stuff(USMC, FA instructor) told me that US Palm makes a great Level 3A vest/carrier. Will stop up to a .44mag and is capable of accepting steel. I went with AR500 plates as I feel at this point, if I am dawning the vest, things have passed the point of concealing.

Defender MOLLE

Mmmm..... 44mag ..... I love my Model 29's.

Maybe Mr Brownstone could share that company selling their new .25 inch AR500 plates ? I got to test one once at 25 yards with an 18" .308 bolt action and it didn't even dent it. But I lost their address....

There is a lot of fail in your videos. Why in the world would you by curved sewing needles at Walmart for sutures? There are sutures avail all over the internet for less than you paid for those needles. Why use drinking straws to store .22?

Get plenty of band-aids for all the spall and shrapnel spraying off those steel plates...and the rounds that pass through.

There is a lot of fail in your videos. Why in the world would you by curved sewing needles at Walmart for sutures? There are sutures avail all over the internet for less than you paid for those needles. Why use drinking straws to store .22?

The sewing needles will come in handy when the condor plate carrier falls apart.

Mmmm..... 44mag ..... I love my Model 29's.

Maybe Mr Brownstone could share that company selling their new .25 inch AR500 plates ? I got to test one once at 25 yards with an 18" .308 bolt action and it didn't even dent it. But I lost their address....

items in flashbainitearmor store on eBay!

Get plenty of band-aids for all the spall and shrapnel spraying off those steel plates...and the rounds that pass through.

They are wrapped in Kevlar. Nothing is 100% and I can't buy everything I want all at once. I would rather have them than have nothing.

The sewing needles will come in handy when the condor plate carrier falls apart.
Maybe so, if I am at the point where they are falling apart, I'll have to adapt and overcome that one as well.

Last edited:

I WISH we could own grenades. But when SHTF and WROL comes, there is always a way to make them.
Medical wise, I use one to hold my TK4 tournaquet and a little bottle of eye drops.

I didn't buy them for sutures but the can be used as them. I have dozens of suture kits anyway. I thought it was just neat.
The .22LR straw thing could come in hand to load a tube-feed rifle. You could also store BBs and pellets in them if you have a BB or pellet gun. I have a small pump pellet gun which I can use to quietly shoot out lights.

-Dave

I didn't buy them for sutures but the can be used as them. I have dozens of suture kits anyway. I thought it was just neat.
The .22LR straw thing could come in hand to load a tube-feed rifle. You could also store BBs and pellets in them if you have a BB or pellet gun. I have a small pump pellet gun which I can use to quietly shoot out lights.

-Dave

Why are you shooting out lights? Wont the power be out if disaster strikes?

Take this from someone who has spent a lot of time and money prepping and someone who has screwed up six ways to Sunday doing it:

Get a financial reserve squared away first. Couple months of rents, living expenses etc as a minimum. Then instead of spending money on crap like a solar generator, hydroponics system, faraday cage or a really cool Molle pouch buy the basics. Food. Couple months worth of canned/ dry goods and then some longer term stuff like rice beans pasta. Dont count on game. There wont be any left inside a month in the Northeast. Learn what local plants are edible and actually go find them and cook them. Water. Get some real water storage. 2-3 gallons per day per person as a minimum. Dont boil and drink the water that leaks out of freezer or go steal an ice machine from a hotel to run off your solar panel. That is just foolish Shelter. Can you heat your house or a portion of it without power? It could be wood, kero, propane etc. Learn how to garden. Go to the library and take out some gardening books and try it out. If a lot of it dies this year figure out why and fix it for next year. Get that stuff figured out first and then go chase your solar and hydroponics.

Why are you shooting out lights? Wont the power be out if disaster strikes?

Take this from someone who has spent a lot of time and money prepping and someone who has screwed up six ways to Sunday doing it:

Get a financial reserve squared away first. Couple months of rents, living expenses etc as a minimum. Then instead of spending money on crap like a solar generator, hydroponics system, faraday cage or a really cool Molle pouch buy the basics. Food. Couple months worth of canned/ dry goods and then some longer term stuff like rice beans pasta. Dont count on game. There wont be any left inside a month in the Northeast. Learn what local plants are edible and actually go find them and cook them. Water. Get some real water storage. 2-3 gallons per day per person as a minimum. Dont boil and drink the water that leaks out of freezer or go steal an ice machine from a hotel to run off your solar panel. That is just foolish Shelter. Can you heat your house or a portion of it without power? It could be wood, kero, propane etc. Learn how to garden. Go to the library and take out some gardening books and try it out. If a lot of it dies this year figure out why and fix it for next year. Get that stuff figured out first and then go chase your solar and hydroponics.

Ok and what if the lights which I would need to be out do not go out? A good pellet gun could also possibly take down a dog which, when the lights go out is a security alarm which could end up turning our "mission" upside down.

Financial security I have, do I trust the banks? No. When SHTF will an ATM or bank teller be worthless? Yep. Food stuffs I have but MREs I do not. I know which video of mine you are referring to and just because I don't mention buckets of flour, sugar, powdered milk, etc doesn't mean I don't have any.
So if the North East will be hunted out and fished out within a month a so, that means a good portion of food will be wasted. If you have a way to preserve food for at least 5 months you can take 20 deer a whole lot of fish and more within the first few weeks and that will last you as long as the meat and fish will stay fresh.
Currently I am working on building up my water storage plan, I (like an idiot) put that on the back burner. I have a little over 10 weeks worth of water for 3 people. Gardening I need to work on but I have the jest of it.
The solar thing was a bit of a stretch, you are correct. At the time it sounded practical and in the end I realized it was more complicated that I thought.
What do you think of this product? I bought it with an Ebay gift card I got for my birthday. Emergency H2O Disaster Water Filter Silver Impregnated Ceramic Filter | eBay
Do you know any good reading on edible plants of this area? I was at Barnes & Noble yesterday and picked up Nat Geos field guide to trees of N America for $8. I couldn't find a plant one, I am sure I just overlooked it.

-Dave

Most of that food absolutely will be wasted. There are few people who know who to cut meat and most will rot before it can be preserved. Regardless it will be gone.

I have several of that same water filter stashed away for others. They are decent and inexpensive. Got gutters on your house? Look into rain barrels.

Foraging New England is an excellent book specific to the area.

A friend of mine who knows his stuff(USMC, FA instructor) told me that US Palm makes a great Level 3A vest/carrier. Will stop up to a .44mag and is capable of accepting steel. I went with AR500 plates as I feel at this point, if I am dawning the vest, things have passed the point of concealing.

Defender MOLLE

How do you like that vest? It seems like a great price, which typically means its low quality...is the vest cheaply made?

How do you like that vest? It seems like a great price, which typically means its low quality...is the vest cheaply made?

The US Palm I have not tried. That was on the recommendation of a friend of mine. My only problem with those was that they are soft armor and will not stop rifle rounds.

I have the Condor mcr-1 for my pouches and MOPC for my plate carrier. Both the condor rigs appear to be of good quality. There are certainly better quality options out there. But for the money these were a good fit.

Bottom line up front, I like them both.

Nutnfancy and maineprepper both have pretty thorough youtube video reviews on the condor series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9tTcsLP8Vs MCR 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js3A_-cJEIM MOPC

Modular Operator Plate Carrier

Last edited:
The US Palm I have not tried. That was on the recommendation of a friend of mine. My only problem with those was that they are soft armor and will not stop rifle rounds.

I have the Condor mcr-1 for my pouches and MOPC for my plate carrier. Both the condor rigs appear to be of good quality. There are certainly better quality options out there. But for the money these were a good fit.

Bottom line up front, I like them both.

Nutnfancy and maineprepper both have pretty thorough youtube video reviews on the condor series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9tTcsLP8Vs MCR 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js3A_-cJEIM MOPC

Modular Operator Plate Carrier

Condor makes a fine product and the cost isn't too bad. Voodoo tactical makes great stuff but their products are more expensive. My dump pouches, drop legs, pistol holster and some other stuff is made by Condor but I have a mix of Condor, Voodoo tactical and then US milsurp.
I am going to be doing videos later tonight (once it cools down) on my "Minuteman loadout". One video of the gear and maybe one of the guns as well.

Check out SouthernPrepper1 as well. Hes got some great videos.

-Dave

I buy my MOLLE gear on eBay. If you don't have an eBay account, check out Majorsurplus.com and websites like that.
-Dave

I avoid PayPal refuse to do buisness with anything using it. I can't use my credit card through them because I bought a gun part. Banned for life, any particular water bottle pouches that are good? Also looking for a belt pouch for flashlight a surefire compact one.

I avoid PayPal refuse to do buisness with anything using it. I can't use my credit card through them because I bought a gun part. Banned for life, any particular water bottle pouches that are good? Also looking for a belt pouch for flashlight a surefire compact one.

That sucks. I had a similar issue with Paypal. I was able to purchase a stock, but when I bought a scope..The checkout would not work and thankfully the seller just canceled the transaction and called it a glitch. I offered to refund his ebay seller fees if he sold the scope again, he did and I held up my end. BS though. I can't stand Paypal but eBay and them are buttpals.

I have an ACU flashlight holder which is too small for a Maglite (the one that takes two AA's). Heres a link so you can see what I am talking about. Condor makes it in several camo colors.Condor Digital ACU Tactical MOLLE Belt Carabiner Flashlight Knife Pouch Holster | eBay

Are you looking for a pouch for a Nalgene bottle or a GI canteen? Condor makes this as well. Condor MA40 MOLLE H2O Water Bottle Holder Carrier Utility Pouch with Mod Straps | eBay

Hope this helps.
-Dave

- - - Updated - - -

I know the links are eBay but its easier than using google. I know that there are some Airsoft websites that sell MOLLE gear but I don't know about the quality. I would assume some reputable sites would carry Condor and Voodoo Tactical gear.

Back
Top Bottom