Powdered Whole Eggs

OPM

Does anyone know of a competitively priced source for quality powdered whole eggs? I’d like to get a case of # 10 cans or 20lb bag, which is roughly how much fits inside a 5gal bucket.

It seems 50lb bag is by far the most cost effective way to go – about $4.10/lb. But as I said, I only want about 20lb. Anybody wants to split a 50lb bag? FYI, I have some extra white 90 mil FDA buckets and gamma lids. I also have 4.3 mils mylar bags. So if 1 or 2 people would like to split the order, I’d be willing, if needed, to resell my buckets and/or bags.

Thanks.

Honeyville grain

Always reasonably priced and only $4.99 to ship regardless of quantity. The usually have a discount coupon as well but it hasn't been released yet for February (usually at least 10% off)

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/powderedwholeeggscan.aspx

- I'd' stick with the # 10 cans as once they're opened you have a limited shelf life-

Thank you. Honeyville is also the source for 50lb bag. Unfortunately, they are out of #10. I spoke with them and they said they do not expect to have any canned for awhile and could not even say if it will be available in a few months. The alternative source is almost $8/can.

I got this email tonight from Honeyville:

----

As many of you know we have been out of stock on our #10 cans of Powdered Whole Eggs and Egg Whites for about 3 months. This has been as a result of working with the USDA on plant and label approval with new stricter requirements with respect to eggs. We've endured numerous delays and setbacks throughout the process. About a week ago we had received approval to begin Production. We did so and even had product on UPS trailers ready to be picked up. We got a call from the USDA stating that they had put us through the wrong process and we would have to start over again. We had to pull all of the outbound orders and go back into a holding pattern. At this point we are moving through the process but have no idea when we'll be back in business with the canned eggs. It is a frustrating situation with one of our best sellers and we apologize for the delay. Just as soon as we have product ready to ship we will send out an email to all of our great Honeyville Customers. We appreciate
your patience.

Visit us at http://store.honeyvillegrain.com.

---

EE said eggs are on backorder and might be available in 2 weeks. Duh! Oh well. I ordered anyway. We’ll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom