Possessing at in car at Portland Airport?

Recently moved to NH from MA and am happily settling into new-found freedom. I'm heading up to North Conway, NH this weekend for Thanksgiving, but need to stop in Portland, ME to pick up family from the airport on the way. I want to bring my Glock with me to North Conway, but I'm wondering if Maine shares any of MA's laws on possession at an airport? If the gun is locked in a GunVault under the seat and the mags/ammo are separate in another part of the car, is that ok? I'm not looking to carry into the airport or anything. Just have it in the car when I go to pick up family. I searched for answers to this unsuccessfully.

When I see a question like this It gets me looking again when I don't have an answer. Got looking in the Admin Rules for ME and found this. It states unless authorized by law and a person with a valid permit is authorized by law. The Terminal Building may be posted and if it is I would not go into the Terminal but from the way I read it it is legal to carry outside the Terminal. Look in Chapter 400 Here: http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/17/chaps17.htm

17 DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
229 OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER
CHAPTER 400: RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE USE OF THE AUGUSTA STATE AIRPORT

SUMMARY: The following rules and regulations govern the administration, operation, and use of the Augusta State Airport.

.01 DEFINITIONS. Unless the context otherwise indicates, the following words when used in any rule or regulation administered by the Maine Department of Transportation, Bureau of Aeronautics shall have the following meanings:
B. Airport. Airport means the Augusta State Airport as it now exists and as it may be expanded in the future, including all lands and roadways.

.08 WEAPONS: FIREARMS: EXPLOSIVES
No person, except those duly authorized by law, shall carry any weapon, firearm, or explosive on the airport, except encased sporting guns for air shipment.

Last edited:
When I see a question like this It gets me looking again when I don't have an answer. Got looking in the Admin Rules for ME and found this. It states unless authorized by law and a person with a valid permit is authorized by law. The Terminal Building may be posted and if it is I would not go into the Terminal but from the way I read it it is legal to carry outside the Terminal. Look in Chapter 400 Here: http://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/rules/17/chaps17.htm

17 DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
229 OFFICE OF COMMISSIONER
CHAPTER 400: RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE USE OF THE AUGUSTA STATE AIRPORT

SUMMARY: The following rules and regulations govern the administration, operation, and use of the Augusta State Airport.

.01 DEFINITIONS. Unless the context otherwise indicates, the following words when used in any rule or regulation administered by the Maine Department of Transportation, Bureau of Aeronautics shall have the following meanings:
B. Airport. Airport means the Augusta State Airport as it now exists and as it may be expanded in the future, including all lands and roadways.

.08 WEAPONS: FIREARMS: EXPLOSIVES
No person, except those duly authorized by law, shall carry any weapon, firearm, or explosive on the airport, except encased sporting guns for air shipment.

This... in the car is fine. The roads and parking lots at an airport will be the same law as any laws for roads or parking lots in Maine. Please see other posts on this topic to see the details for that. It does not have to be locked up the way you are doing it.

I need to pay more attention to this forum. By the way I'm Sean O. nice to meet you guys. Long time reader, this might be my first post.

Back
Top Bottom