• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Positive article about Stag Arms in Hartford newspaper

jar

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-cornershop0716.artjul16,0,4206019.story

Interesting article. I was surprised that left handed rifles are 50% of their business. The founder started the company in part because he is left eye dominant and wanted to make lefty ARs. Follow the link to read the rest.

As a boy, Mark Malkowski used a regular, right-handed rifle when he went to his target shooting club in Southington. But he had to switch the gun to his left side to use it.

"I'm right-handed, but left-eye dominant," he explained.

The constant shuffle was partly the impetus, years later, for founding his own manufacturing company, said Malkowski, 30, president of Stag Arms LLC.

The 5-year-old firm's signature products are its left-handed AR-15-type rifles designed for southpaws or marksmen who are left-eye dominant. The lightweight, semiautomatic, 5.56 mm rifles were developed by the military in the 1960s but have been adapted for civilian and law enforcement use.

I think Stags are known for that.

I have an AR15 and included in the purchase was a T-shirt with some funny comment about being lefty or something.

I'm not surprised that that's so much of Stag's business. They're pretty much the only game in town on left ARs.

The lightweight, semiautomatic, 5.56 mm rifles were developed by the military in the 1960s but have been adapted for civilian and law enforcement use.

Nice phrase there.

Being a south Paw, I appreciate both companies for doing so, I do know that DPMS different offer brass deflectors on their lefties.... at least a year ago they didnt..

Back
Top Bottom