PM bodies not in email notifications

jar

Starting today, the PM notification emails haven't contained the body of the PM like they used to. I've only had one PM exchange which has quoted the previous messages, so it may just be something in the message breaking it. It's nice being able to read PMs in email without having to get on the forum. Has this happened for anyone else?

Starting today, the PM notification emails haven't contained the body of the PM like they used to. I've only had one PM exchange which has quoted the previous messages, so it may just be something in the message breaking it. It's nice being able to read PMs in email without having to get on the forum. Has this happened for anyone else?

Well if I wouldn't get 50 emails a DAY from people replying to the PM notifications that say:

DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!

I probably would have let it stay as is.

When I have guys leaving to meet someone for a deal replying to the DO NOT REPLY emails, I was getting tired of trying to email them back to tell them to check the forum.

Well if I wouldn't get 50 emails a DAY from people replying to the PM notifications that say:

DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!

When I have guys leaving to meet someone for a deal replying to the DO NOT REPLY emails, I was getting tired of trying to email them back to tell them to check the forum.

Oh you mean you're not supposed to reply to those e-mails, who woulda known? [laugh2][laugh]

DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a way to set the e-mail address (or at least the Reply-To ) that sends these automated messages to be one that bounces back or at least isn't yours?

As usual, the idiots ruin it for everyone else.

Yes. I'll see if I can adjust the return email like Eisenhow said. It's getting sent from the server with the NES domain name which is why I am getting all of them.

DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!
DO NOT REPLY!!!!!!!!!!

Derek, that's what you get for being too subtle. [laugh]

You need a bounce message that says: Subject: YOU ARE A MORON. [laugh]

-Mike

Derek, that's what you get for being too subtle. [laugh]

Tell me about it. I have that DO NOT REPLY block at the top and the bottom of the notification email. It amazes me I get so many of them. I understand it happens once in a while but with this many members it adds up.

Tell me about it. I have that DO NOT REPLY block at the top and the bottom of the notification email. It amazes me I get so many of them. I understand it happens once in a while but with this many members it adds up.

There is no cure for stupid Derek. [grin]

Let's talk about smileys. [wink]

Few years back a nice man with a funny hat gave me a lesson on following simple f***ing instructions. More folks need to take the class he offered. It was free, down in South Carolina.

How about setting the address to shit-can their response and auto-reply "Just what part of DO NOT REPLY don't you understand?"

Yes, ochmude, that's a great class. I took one it in California many years ago. While the didn't charge me any admission, I wouldn't exactly describe it as "free". [wink]

Ken

Back
Top Bottom