plymouth county sheriff's dept

Someone I know is filling out the app for them and under legal it asks "have you ever applied for a permit to carry a concealed weapon?" then it asks "date applied" then "permit granted yes or no" but then it says "Weapon:". What exactly do they want to know pistol or what have you? They asked me assuming I knew but I couldn't give a truthful answer as to what they are looking for I told them to call there but I figured I would ask on here too. thanks if anyone knows.

I've never applied to them or even seen one of their applications, but it sounds similar to LAPD:

http://per.lacity.org/psb/phf_interactive.pdf

Do you own or possess any firearm(s)? Yes No
List serial number (s), make, model, and caliber of each weapon.
Have you ever applied for a permit to carry a concealed weapon? Yes No
If yes, please explain below and provide a copy of the permit.
Date applied
Was permit granted? Yes No
Weapon?
Name of agency where applied (city, county, and state)
For what purpose?

In some states, including Kali, that matters because you can only carry the particular gun(s) listed on your permit, but that's not the case in Mass. They may have simply copied an application from somewhere else and didn't pick up on the difference, or asumed that people get an LTC to own one gun only. I'd write something generic like "Handgun," or maybe your daily carry gun. If you really want to be careful you could list any hunting licenses you've held.

Your best bet is probably to ask the recruiter exactly what info they're looking for on the application. As a general rule on LE apps, too honest is better than not honest enough.

Back
Top Bottom