Please read WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO HONOR OUR VETERANS

If I could give the +1 to your son, I would.

Son, thank you very much from this Veteran and son of generations of Veterans. Your understanding of why we serve and wear our uniforms with pride and honor is a testament to the patriotic upbringing your family has provided. Thank you.

I agree with RichM. From this veteran and my family. Hubby is a vet also and our son is still serving. Thank you. Your family should be proud of you and are bringing you up well. I think my allergies got me a little too.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for posting this, and please give your son my deepest thanks as well. LCpl Burgess was a very good friend of mine. We were both in MRP and in platoon 1036, Alpha Co. aboard Parris Island. He helped me get through some very rough times on the Island, and the news of his passing hit me very hard. This post definitely brought back some fond memories, and a few tears as well. I had no idea anyone on this forum even knew his name. You should be very proud of your son. I can tell from this that he will grow up to be a fine man.

Back
Top Bottom