• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pistols with adjustable triggers?

Nico9283

NES Member
In the market for a new range toy. This wouldn’t be a carry or defense pistol, I already have those. This would simply be a pistol I can have fun with and customize how I see fit. As I’d be looking for something that I can shoot very accurately when my ego needs a boost, I’d want something that I can tailor to my grip and hand size. I’m unfortunately a small guy at only 5’4 155lbs so most pistols that are inherently accurate are also too big for my hand.
I’ve done grip reductions on my glocks which made them fit me perfectly, but I wouldn’t want to do a grip reduction on a range toy since I may want to trade it in the future.. so instead I’m thinking of a pistol that either comes with, or has an aftermarket available trigger that has an adjustable LOP. Or at the very least has adjustments for pre travel so I can get as much of my finger on the trigger as possible.

*** please don’t recommend adjusting my grip to fit a bigger pistol and then training that way until it feels good… I have no intention of altering the grip I’ve already trained my hand for my defensive-use firearms. That’s counterintuitive and in my opinion, bad advice.

92x performance

The 92X Performance also offers the possibility to regulate the pre-travel (ONLY with Single Action Only models) and overtravel (All Models) via two adjustment screws located inside of the magwell. Please note that for standard DA/SA models, ONLY the overtravel screw will be present. The Pre-Travel screw is not functional for the DA/SA models.

I might have missed it but if you're open to revolvers, their grips are widely customizable without being a permanent alteration to the pistol.
I didn’t mention revolvers but I AM open to that. Any particular revolvers you’d recommend that are built with accuracy as a priority? A friend of mine spoke highly of a 686 Performance Center he used to have..

92x performance

The 92X Performance also offers the possibility to regulate the pre-travel (ONLY with Single Action Only models) and overtravel (All Models) via two adjustment screws located inside of the magwell. Please note that for standard DA/SA models, ONLY the overtravel screw will be present. The Pre-Travel screw is not functional for the DA/SA models.
Does this trigger only offer adjustable pre/post travel, or does it also allow to adjust length of pull? I guess to make it clearer what I’m asking, the new Sig 226 XFive has an adjustable trigger shoe for shorter reach. But that particular pistol is out of my price range so I’m looking for an alternative, or an aftermarket trigger that has that kind of full adjustability

In the market for a new range toy. This wouldn’t be a carry or defense pistol, I already have those. This would simply be a pistol I can have fun with and customize how I see fit. As I’d be looking for something that I can shoot very accurately when my ego needs a boost, I’d want something that I can tailor to my grip and hand size. I’m unfortunately a small guy at only 5’4 155lbs so most pistols that are inherently accurate are also too big for my hand.
I’ve done grip reductions on my glocks which made them fit me perfectly, but I wouldn’t want to do a grip reduction on a range toy since I may want to trade it in the future.. so instead I’m thinking of a pistol that either comes with, or has an aftermarket available trigger that has an adjustable LOP. Or at the very least has adjustments for pre travel so I can get as much of my finger on the trigger as possible.

*** please don’t recommend adjusting my grip to fit a bigger pistol and then training that way until it feels good… I have no intention of altering the grip I’ve already trained my hand for my defensive-use firearms. That’s counterintuitive and in my opinion, bad advice.

Walther PDP F-series. It's a great pistol with a smaller grip.

Walther offers great accessories for it; including a trigger upgrade that beyond awesome!

My PDP full size now has a trigger around 2.6-2.7lbs. I let a few of the employees at MFS check it out and they were blown away by the trigger & reset.

Sig P320? Ccan start with an FCU and certainly modify the trigger in several ways. Build/modify as you see fit with various grip modules, barrel lengths, slide types, sights, optics, etc.

I have an FCU modified with Grayguns competition trigger/seer/springs that I swap between full-size tungsten-impregnated grip, with full-size threaded barrel as a suppressor host, a Wilson Combat grip module and 3" barrel/slide, or an aluminum grip module with G10 grip panels. All for range toy time. All very accurate (long slide is best).

Last edited:
92x performance

Is that the version where the barrels crack?

Buckmark, comes with a pretty small grip, guaranteed to put 10 shots in a 1" square at 15-20 yards.

However, the trigger is not adjustable, but Tandemkross makes a nice target trigger you can adjust and is very easy to install (like 10 minutes without the need for special tools).

If you want to try a very accurate Buckmark, I will be at the Copicut Steel Challenge this Sunday with my Buckmark. Grips are original factory grips, a little small for my hands but whatever.

On the pistol team with an opponent there was a guy who kicked ass in NRA Gallery Match.
He was an inspiration to watch.
I think he shot for Maynard but I don’t recall now.

Does this trigger only offer adjustable pre/post travel, or does it also allow to adjust length of pull? I guess to make it clearer what I’m asking, the new Sig 226 XFive has an adjustable trigger shoe for shorter reach. But that particular pistol is out of my price range so I’m looking for an alternative, or an aftermarket trigger that has that kind of full adjustability
i think it's just those 2. But you could also change the trigger itself to a Wilson short reach. It changes it a good amount.
Is that the version where the barrels crack?
Never saw anything about that 🤷

Just checked - it is indeed the 92X Performance where the barrels are cracking around 15-20k rounds.

Back
Top Bottom