PFGC Pelham-NH: Rnages Open?

MaverickNH

NES Member
Are the outdoor ranges open now (1st week March) or closed down due to frozen ground & snow? Many club close them down fearing ricochets or shooting through snow rather than at berm.

My new Arsenal SLR-107FR AK47 is arriving Thursday and I want to shoot next weekend - damn the cold & snow!

They close their range in the winter??? That sucks. I love shooting outside all year long. In the winter you have the place mostly all to yourself. Plus the snow helps you see where your bullets are landing. Not sure I buy the richochet reason though. Sorry to hear it.

If you have a truck that can drive through snow you can take me to the Londonderry F&G and we can go shooting there....that is if it snows again :)

Many club close them down fearing ricochets or shooting through snow rather than at berm.

I think way Westford handles the shooting through the snow issue is a good one. There's a brightly colored rope across just in front of the berm, a few feet below the top. Snow or no snow, just keep all the impacts below the line.

They close their range in the winter??? QUOTE]

I'm not sure if they do or not. Some do due to "safety" issues. Sometimes "safety" turns into a power/authority thing at clubs rather than a true safety concern. We are no more united as gunowners than we were in 1776...

I love shooting outside all year long. In the winter you have the place mostly all to yourself.

I've shot at Pelham many times in the winter for that very reason...no-one's ever said a word to me while there

I shot there a couple of weeks ago with tons of snow on the ground and it was snowing at the time as well. We were using one of the outdoor IDPA/tactical ranges and no one mentioned anything to us.

Yup - got there yesterday (Fri 7Mar) and shot a few rounds on my new AK. It was pretty wet, but no problem. I was the lone shooter.

Snow is actually a fantastic bullet trap - after we get a melt, you can find all kinds of undamaged bullets on the ground by our berms.

Back
Top Bottom