Person shot at E. Bridgewater gun range, suspect On the run?

Anyone have any info about a shooting at the gun range in east Bridgewater? Supposedly a person was shot and the shooter fled into the woods surrounding the range. There is a manhunt and helicopter searching the area?

This was posted second hand from a resident in that area on Facebook, and I can't find anything about it online. Anyone have any info about this to verify if credible?

Doesn't sound like anything.

EAST BRIDGEWATER – A large manhunt that has involved several area police departments, State Police and other tactical teams began with a domestic dispute, police said.

Police Chief John Cowan said Thursday afternoon that Edward Adams, 29, of 470 Pond St., East Bridgewater, was in a verbal argument this morning with his family. When police arrived, Adams ran out the back door with something in his hand, although police couldn't tell what the item was.

Police originally said that the man could be armed.

Adams fled to a wooded area off Pond Street, where police unsuccessfully tried to negotiate with him to bring him out of the woods, Cowan said. Police then lost track of the 29-year-old inside the woods.

At 2:30 p.m., Cowan said police would begin winding down their search within an hour.

Throughout the morning and early afternoon, several police cruisers were seen slowly driving around the wooded area as a police helicopter flew overhead.

East Bridgewater police referred calls to their Facebook site, which said they are seeking a man "to get him treatment."

Schools were not been locked down, and students were dismissed at regular times, although police asked residents to try and stay put where they are.
Police put up barriers blocking Pond Street to all but residents of the street.

Apparently the person shot at the range and the suspect on the loose were two separate incidents.

http://www.tauntongazette.com/article/20150619/NEWS/150615505

A retired Taunton cop shot himself in the leg at a Bridgewater shooting range yesterday, and someone combined this with the domestic dispute and man on the run when the OP heard about it yesterday.

the article didn't say whether or not the leo passed his qualifier test[rofl]

Apparently the person shot at the range and the suspect on the loose were two separate incidents.

http://www.tauntongazette.com/article/20150619/NEWS/150615505

A retired Taunton cop shot himself in the leg at a Bridgewater shooting range yesterday, and someone combined this with the domestic dispute and man on the run when the OP heard about it yesterday.

Wow... Love Thems 1911's. [troll][troll] And I wasn't aware that the prison had an outdoor range.

“Fortunately for him, it went through his leg with no complications. It could have been worse,” Walsh said.
Walsh said the former sergeant had been shooting with his personal weapon — an M1911 single-action, semi-automatic .45-caliber pistol that until 1986 was the U.S. Armed Forces standard-issue sidearm.
He said the gun has a reputation for being somewhat finicky.
“A lot of people carry it, but it has a complicated design," Walsh said. "If the safety’s not on, it fires very easily.”
Walsh said it appears the victim had not put the safety on to prevent a discharge when the gun fired down into his leg.

The misinformation that's fed is outstanding. Keep your finger off the trigger and be careful holstering. What does this have to do with finicky 1911 design? Lol.

also immediately the terminology changes to things like mishap when certain types of professionals are involved.

"just an accident" for LEO.

if any of us shot ourselves in the leg we would be classified as a "WMD"

And I wasn't aware that the prison had an outdoor range.

“Fortunately for him, it went through his leg with no complications. It could have been worse,” Walsh said.
Walsh said the former sergeant had been shooting with his personal weapon — an M1911 single-action, semi-automatic .45-caliber pistol that until 1986 was the U.S. Armed Forces standard-issue sidearm.
He said the gun has a reputation for being somewhat finicky.
“A lot of people carry it, but it has a complicated design," Walsh said. "If the safety’s not on, it fires very easily.”
Walsh said it appears the victim had not put the safety on to prevent a discharge when the gun fired down into his leg.

Yes, they need a place for the inmates to practice for when they get out! [devil]

It is a LE training range.

Straight BS on the 1911. I CCW'd one for ~2.5 yrs, cocked and locked, shot 3 defensive handgun courses with constant shoot from holster, reholster, shoot some more, etc. avg ~800 rds/class plus shot thousands more on my own. No issues, not finicky at all, just need to be careful with anything that could hurt you if you aren't careful. Multiple safeties on the gun plus the biggest one is between your ears . . . if you use it properly things like this won't happen.

Carelessness will get you every time!

To answer an earlier questions, the manhunt was nowhere near any ranges in E.B.

Thank you. Good that no gun clubs were involved.

As well as complacency, laziness, and ineptness.
I never holster with a tight grip on the handle , the grip safety does work .
every time.
However, there have been times where the thumb safety ,on a s.w. 1911, on my left hand holster , after jostling around has pulled down to the off position.
how I have no idea.

Last edited:
As is Satucket Rifle and Revolver Club as well. But are either one near the area they were searching?
Yes I my pistol league shoots at Satucket on Spring St in E. Bridgewater (100 yards from RTE 18) Bottom line is that this had nothing to do with a gun club. Just some more bad press.

Back
Top Bottom