Pelham NH Fish & Game Carbine Match Sat July 11th

Be there!!!

See the entire schedule at http://www.pelhamfishandgame.com/idpa/data/2009/2009-idpa-matches-PFG.pdf

Added: a new AR-Conversion division for AR shooters. With the intention of helping to reduce ammo cost while keeping the fun-factor high, we added a division consisting of AR-type carbines with .22 conversion kits like Ciener and CMMG installed. All the same match rules apply. Please note, it's *not* a general .22 rifle division (i.e. no 10/22's), it's intended to be same equipment, different caliber.

Removed: the long distance stage on the 200 yard range. For this match, we're concentrating on the regular stages. Distances will be out to 40 yards.

Clinic: attend the Carbine Clinic July 10, the night before the match. It's highly recommended, and covering equipment, safety, techniques, and rules. Held in the main clubhouse, it starts at 7pm. Open and free to all. No equipment required.

First-time shooters are always welcome but they will be asked to demonstrate that they can safely handle heir equipment.

For a Carbine Match it is a cold range. All long guns should arrive at the range cased. Once you register, you can carry your rifle slung muzzle down. You will need the following:

- A semi-automatic carbine chambered in either a pistol cartridge, or intermediary rifle cartridge (.223, .308, 7.62x39)
- A suitable case––do not come to the range with an uncased rifle. Un-case rifles at the safety area or on the line only.
- Approximately 100 rounds of ammunition––absolutely NO STEEL CORE (not just AP has a steel core)
- At least 3 magazines
- A sling that allows you to carry your rifle muzzle down (tactical slings are okay) No muzzle-up carry.

it seems like this is almost exclusively AR's? is that true or would I be able to do this with my AK or FAL? I currently have no complete AR.

Be there!!!

See the entire schedule at http://www.pelhamfishandgame.com/idpa/data/2009/2009-idpa-matches-PFG.pdf

Added: a new AR-Conversion division for AR shooters. With the intention of helping to reduce ammo cost while keeping the fun-factor high, we added a division consisting of AR-type carbines with .22 conversion kits like Ciener and CMMG installed. All the same match rules apply. Please note, it's *not* a general .22 rifle division (i.e. no 10/22's), it's intended to be same equipment, different caliber.

Removed: the long distance stage on the 200 yard range. For this match, we're concentrating on the regular stages. Distances will be out to 40 yards.

Clinic: attend the Carbine Clinic July 10, the night before the match. It's highly recommended, and covering equipment, safety, techniques, and rules. Held in the main clubhouse, it starts at 7pm. Open and free to all. No equipment required.

First-time shooters are always welcome but they will be asked to demonstrate that they can safely handle heir equipment.

For a Carbine Match it is a cold range. All long guns should arrive at the range cased. Once you register, you can carry your rifle slung muzzle down. You will need the following:

- A semi-automatic carbine chambered in either a pistol cartridge, or intermediary rifle cartridge (.223, .308, 7.62x39)
- A suitable case––do not come to the range with an uncased rifle. Un-case rifles at the safety area or on the line only.
- Approximately 100 rounds of ammunition––absolutely NO STEEL CORE (not just AP has a steel core)
- At least 3 magazines
- A sling that allows you to carry your rifle muzzle down (tactical slings are okay) No muzzle-up carry.

Will we be able to shoot both the centerfire and 22LR events?

My 22 LR AR is not fitted with a sling, can I shoot it anyway? I will be transporting it in a hard case.

Gammon--yes, you can shoot in both classes but each will be it's own separate match entry and fee.

No sweat on the sling. You will have to un-case and case it up on the line for each stage. A sling is vastly preferable, though. Perhaps you can move it from one rifle onto the other when you make your second run in the other class.

st

it seems like this is almost exclusively AR's? is that true or would I be able to do this with my AK or FAL? I currently have no complete AR.

AK's and FALs are fine. As it says above: any semi-automatic carbine or rifle in a pistol cartridge or intermediate rifle cartridge. 7.62x51 or "less". 5.56, 7.62x39, 5.7, 6.8 or even 5.45x39 would be fine, etc.

Gammon--yes, you can shoot in both classes but each will be it's own separate match entry and fee.

No sweat on the sling. You will have to un-case and case it up on the line for each stage. A sling is vastly preferable, though. Perhaps you can move it from one rifle onto the other when you make your second run in the other class.

st

Thanks. My problem is that the stud to mount the sling on the buttstock broke when I accidentally over tightened it. If I can get the remainder of the stud out of the stock, I can install a new stud and use a sling.

can i just go and watch

Yes, you can!

Although if you can handle your firearm safely - I would highly advise to bring your gear with you. You can run through the match as slow as needed to make sure you are comfortable and safe. Range Officers will guide through it if you identify yourself as a new shooter.

Hey Guys,

Will there be any 2 gun stages? I was a little confused with the pdf on the site stating that both a carbine and pistol was needed (with necessary holsters, mags, etc). Can anyone clarify that this is just a carbine match?

Whitey--sorry, no .30-06.

Anyone can come and just watch, but all bystanders need eye and ear protection.

At this time no stages requiring pistol work are planned however if you want the option to transition on a rifle stoppage you will need a pistol.

Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from the range!

See you there!

Scott

As usual for Pelham, this was an excellent, well-designed, well-run shoot. Great turnout on a beautiful day, too. (I'll be hurting from this sunburn for a while.) Half the fun is checking out the eclectic collection of weapons, as well.

These are a great time. I encourage everyone to watch for the next match, and come practice your rifle skills. You won't regret it.

+1 to the Pelham crew. Great match as usual. If you guys are taking feedback, Stage 4 should have had 1 string and not 2 IMO. That seemed to back things up too much. All the COF's were very different though which offered some nice challenges. Looking forward to the next one.

If you have more than one start and stop you will eat up a lot of time. Very often it will take longer to bring a shooter to the line and give the starting commands than it will to actually shoot the course of fire.

Whitey--sorry, no .30-06.
Scott

Scott- great match. Aside from waiting 1.5hr to shoot it, I actually liked the double start stage. One start with twice the targets whould have been the way to go. I still think that after you stick that mag in the gun behind cover you should be able to rack the bolt when you start hauling ass to the next shooting position. [wink]

I was asking for my buddy. I was planning on using my short little 7.62x39 all along and I had an awesome time doing so.

Back
Top Bottom