• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pat Rogers Carbine Operators Course

Pat Rogers will be in Enfield, NH for a 3-day Carbine Operators Course. Date's are not confirmed as of yet, but will be in August of 2007 and will be more than likely a Fri-Sun format. Any one interested please contact me @ [email protected]

All information about the course can be found @ http://www.eagtactical.com/

Thank you,
Ryan Gallien

I trained with Pat (and Ryan) earlier this year at a different location, and the class was excellent. If you want to learn or enhance fighting skills and manipulation with the carbine, this is among the best classes out there to take.

The instruction is definitely biased toward AR-15-based carbines and that's all there was in my class (and 99% of folks bring an AR to Pat's classes). An optic (Aimpoint or EOTech) is a major advantage and most folks bring those as well. None of this is required, and people have done the class with other setups, but it's not the norm.

There should be an equipment list and some write-ups on Pat's site about what to bring. You'll need a handgun, lots of carbine ammo, and a way to carry several magazines on your person. I'd recommend a chest rig that holds several.

Hey Dave... how goes life?

Dave is dead on with the AR and an Optic... I would recommend 6 mags or at least a means to reload your mags fast! This way you get more out of your time. I definately agree with him about the chest rig... and usually a drop leg holster works best but it can be done with a good waist holster. If you need gear let me know I have access to really good pricing!

Ryan,

How close is this to Manchester airport? This is a class that I'd like to take again, and I can fly there cheaply.

Reference drop holsters, not really necessary unless your chest rig or plate carrier interferes with the draw on a waist holster. I used a "normal" belt holster at the May06 class and had no issues. This is a good reminder to wring out and test your gear, individually and as an integrated system, before class. That includes testing magazines as well - ask me how I know that.

I'll bite.

How do you know that???

[thinking]

Because on TD1 at Pat's class back in May, my carefully and expertly built and previously reliable Colt carbine was choking on good quality ammo. The armorer on site and instructors couldn't figure it out initially, and then decided it was magazines. They were right.

I had brought about 15 USGI magazines with me and had not thoroughly tested all of them. As it turns out, 3 (possibly 4) were bad. No visible signs, the feed lips were just a little too wide and would burp a round up too early in the cycle and cause a malfunction.

I got to the range an hour early on TD2 and dumped hundreds of rounds before class started to figure out which mags were bad. I was successful and the carbine ran fine for TD2 and TD3, but I would recommend doing this BEFORE the first day. It will save you, and everybody else, a lot of frustration.

The "bad" mags, by the way, were from different manufacturers. No consistent pattern in that regard.

Mr. Gallien:

If this is still an open course, I would be interested in at least one slot (for me)
and possibly two more for my dept's other firearms instructors.

T-I-A

Chris Sheehy

We now have the dates for the course... It will be in Enfield, NH on August 10-12, 2007. You can send deposits to Pat. Any questions can go to either Pat or myself. www.EAGTactical.com

Also for anyone interested or in need of gear please let me know I will be offering discounts on Eagle or Surefire items for the course.

Back
Top Bottom