Parts falling out

Twigg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
This is a headscratcher for me. Mrs Twigg has a new S&W 1911PD with the 4.25" barrel. Here's the problem:

At times the slide stop pin will work it's way out of the r/h side (As you hold it.) of the gun, at times the safety will do the same thing. This only happens when she shoots it, I have put a lot more rounds through this pistol than she has (Somebody has to break it in. [smile] ) and I have never experienced either problem.

This only happens when she shoots it. Anybody have any ideas ?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I think its made it's decision. Enjoy your new Commander and bring her shopping for her new carry gun. I know where she can get a real nice P99.40 fullsize real reasonably![smile]

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
My guess is she's not holding as tightly as you do during recoil, but it still shouldn't do that... should it?

How many rounds before it does it to her?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
I found myself sometimes resting my trigger finger across the slide stop pin and over time it would work it's way out some on the left side. I stopped doing that and it stopped doing that!

Watch how she holds the gun and where her fingers are wrt those controls.

Twigg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
72   0   0
I found myself sometimes resting my trigger finger across the slide stop pin and over time it would work it's way out some on the left side. I stopped doing that and it stopped doing that!

Watch how she holds the gun and where her fingers are wrt those controls.
LenS, this may be the cause ! She does tend to position her trigger finger high on the frame. I'll keep an eye on her next time we go to the range.

Thanks.

Top Bottom