Para Pin Gun

I'd salute them too, if they had the sack those stones belong in to come on here and admit to everyone that you gave them a beatdown.

I'm ashamed to admit that I was one of the two guys. I was humiliated and I will never shoot a gun again!!! Not only did I lose all my self confidence but I am also out quite a bit of money. Sorry guys I tried to represent but unfortunately I lack the true talent to win at any game.

At least those two men had the stones to show up. That I salute.

Hence all the badgering here!!! You said you were going to humiliate us at MRA and then you didn't show up. By the way I was unable to run a 13-14 second run I ran it it 15 and I still didn't win... HAHA I didn't calculate for having to shoot the Texas Star which take a bit of patience...

By the way, I'm just busting on you and I'm actually a pretty decent guy...

Pete

Pistol Pete: I've never thought you were not a decent guy. We are all mostly men on this forum and guys behave like this in all aspects of life; we are competative by nature. If you kissed my ass, you wouldn't be very interesting and I'd have nothing to do with you. 9x21 is actually starting to grow on me with his sense of the humor. At the bottom of his posts he lists a bunch of things including duck pins. That killed me. I couldn't help but chuckle when I read it. And just to set the record totally straight - the man we know as otasan on this site is the best pin shooter in our little clutch. He beats me 19 times out of 20 in the auto pistol division. Only recently have I clipped him with a revolver a few times. And I don't think you cares one bit because he's the same guy if he's winning or losing. A nice guy.

SA John

P.S. Are we done with this crap yet? And Sydney, you got my email I hope.

I've only shot pins a few times and I'm not very good, but I've had a similar experience. Most of the time I was up against a shooter who was not accurate. They just started blasting away as fast as they could. Big mistake. You can't miss fast enough to make up for not hitting the pins.

Focus on the front sight, take your time quickly, and you can smoke a lot of people.

+1000...

At the central MA pin shoots I tell the newbies that they will smoke 50-75% of the competition merely by being accurate. It's mostly the truth, too. If you are accurate then the speed will come naturally later.... Whenever
I lose a match most of the time its because I was rushing too damned
much. Granted, there are times where the other guy simply hands me my
ass on a platter... or I get bad luck. (stuck pin, etc).

I haven't done the timer based stuff yet, but I figure at a minimum even if
your times arent that good if you can at least clear the table without wasting
a ton of ammo you're doing a lot better than most. At a minimum even if
the other guys are blowing you out of the water at the more high brow shoots you'll at least be spending less on ammo. [laugh]

-Mike

Hey PistolPete,
Were you even born then???

:)

Here we go with the Old Jokes again. That is how this whole thing started three threads ago [rofl]

It just amazes me how a lot of what started as good natured trash talking turns into crap like this.

For the record: I don't shoot pins, I no longer bowl, but if anyone wants to play with pins, I own about 10 cases [smile]

Hey PistolPete,
Were you even born then???

:)

I think that is classified as discrimination and you will be hearing from my lawyer.

As a matter of fact I WAS born by then. I was 4 years old and a complete menace to society. I had more toy guns accumulated by that point than I knew what to do with. HAHA So I too have been shooting since the 80's. HAHA

I might not have been shooting at Bianci Cup but it was prob. my friends and my brothers that I was shooting at...

I see nothing has changed [rofl]

Ouch! The "old timer" can sling it with the best of them. I was still in High School myself, but I would bet that RGS was older back then than I am today!!!

On a more positive note, I sure hope I'm still shooting when I get to be as old as RGS...

-Cuz.

Ouch! The "old timer" can sling it with the best of them. I was still in High School myself, but I would bet that RGS was older back then than I am today!!!

On a more positive note, I sure hope I'm still shooting when I get to be as old as RGS...

-Cuz.

You keep this stuff up you won't make it to be this old [devil2] 1980 was when I went to the S&W armorer school. Had been married 6 years and was shooting PPC on a regular basis. Had my "Protection of life and property" LTC and had had it for 9 years. Not as old as some, but older than many.

Wish I had learned about USPSA back then. It would have been more fun than the PPC.

Last edited:
You keep this stuff up you won't make it to be this old [devil2] 1980 was when I went to the S&W armorer school.

:) Well, I for one am very glad you went to the S&W school. That helped me out of a jam when I bent the firing pin on my S&W 625 a ways back. Thanks again for fixing that for me.

You keep this stuff up you won't make it to be this old [devil2] 1980 was when I went to the S&W armorer school. Had been married 6 years and was shooting PPC on a regular basis. Had my "Protection of life and property" LTC and had had it for 9 years. Not as old as some, but older than many.

Wish I had learned about USPSA back then. It would have been more fun than the PPC.

There was no USPSA in 1980. It was simply IPSC. We all shot in the US region.

Ahemm... No Comment. [pot]

BTW Gary, I got my but handed to me by a 21-year-old at the rifle match on Sunday. The same 21-year-old that calls me an old bastard all the time! At the last harvard match he told me he would push me down the run-n-gun stage in a wheel chair if I needed. Smart ass... He's getting too good I may have to break a couple of his fingers! [devil]

Last edited:
Sa John, I met you at a indoor shoot this spring. I am a beginner for sure with a handgun and that was my first shoot. I didn't know you or Rich from a hole in the wall but both of you guys impressed me with your shooting skills. Also in witch you handled my compliments and stupid beginner questions. I do hope you do not think I was kissing your ass and find me boring. A lot of people seem to respect your skill as well as your quiet nature. I am one that knows how much concentration a skilled competitive shooter need during a match. I always keep my comment short just for this reason.

Bill

Thank you, hovbuild, for the kind words. I don't remember anyone in particular asking me questions at a shoot, but I would never harangue a person for a silly question. We all started somewhere. One thing I've noticed about the nature of the internet and the forums is that people are always different in person. So when someone strikes me the wrong way online, I don't let it prejudice the way I interact with that same person when, and if, I finally meet them in the flesh. It's a fresh start then. And, in all the years I've been in shooting, and the shooting sports, I've only met one guy in person whom I genuinely didn't like. Will Rogers had a better record, but not by much. All this online banter is fluff when you're bored; it doesn't mean a thing. That's how I see it.

SA John

One thing I've noticed about the nature of the internet and the forums is that people are always different in person. So when someone strikes me the wrong way online, I don't let it prejudice the way I interact with that same person when, and if, I finally meet them in the flesh.
SA John

I agree... words come across totally different when written on paper or typewritten on a screen than they do when spoken face to face.

BTW. I guess I'll be the first... Pete - you really got your but handed to you by a guy with a single action only revo and you are admitting it?? [rofl] [laugh] [devil] [pot]

Just kidding... Hopefully you guys make the pin shoot at MRA this season. I am sure you will all hand my butt to me... [thinking]

Last edited:
I agree... words come across totally different when written on paper or typewritten on a screen than they do when spoken face to face.

BTW. I guess I'll be the first... Pete - you really got your but handed to you by a guy with a single action only revo and you are admitting it?? [rofl] [laugh] [devil] [pot]

Just kidding... Hopefully you guys make the pin shoot at MRA this season. I am sure you will all hand my butt to me... [thinking]

Please.... When was the last time you saw me shoot bowling pins? I don't even own a pin gun. HAHA

Matt are you shooting this weekend anywhere? Any news on the new toy yet?

I was originally planning on shooting the tactical three gun match at Pioneer on Saturday and 25 Steel at MRA on Sunday but I have been informed that my bachellor party is scheduled for Saturday so the three gun match is out [sad]

I am going to shoot steel on Sunday at MRA with all of the usuals. Probably with my limited pistol as it is the only practice I am going to get before the A7match.

Have not heard from them yet. I am trying not to be that PITA customer that no one likes.[thinking] I may give them a call before I leave for the honeymoon to check the status and make sure they were not planning on contacting me for shipping info while I was away.

NAAA... my eyes are still pretty good so I'm sticking with iron sights. [wink] Just something a little better than my Para thats all. Besides - I don't think I could keep up with Pete any more! [laugh]

NAAA... my eyes are still pretty good so I'm sticking with iron sights. [wink] Just something a little better than my Para thats all. Besides - I don't think I could keep up with Pete any more! [laugh]

With that new fancy toy you better be keeping up with me. haha I found out my new toy is pushed back at least a month.

Pete-

I should have said -

Besides, I don't think I can keep up with Pete and his open gun. You seem to be on fire this year and improving with every match which is great.

Maybe that new baby with slow you down a little bit. [pot]

I'll still give you a run for your $$ with your limited guns! [wink]

Pete-

I should have said -

Besides, I don't think I can keep up with Pete and his open gun. You seem to be on fire this year and improving with every match which is great.

Maybe that new baby with slow you down a little bit. [pot]

I'll still give you a run for your $$ with your limited guns! [wink]

Hopefully the baby won't be slowing me down... I'll be dry firing like a maniac.

haha about the Limited guns.... Actually, you beat me with the limited gun at the MRA match. I'm going to start messing around with the limited guns a bit again but I want to really focus on open right now.

You should shoot at Westfield this weekend. It will be great practice for Area 7.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom