• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Outrage After Ohio Officer Fatally Shoots Black Man Holding Cell Phone | NBC Nightly News

Reptile

NES Member
The Columbus officer who killed Andre Hill only activated his body camera after the shooting, and the camera recovered 60 seconds of the fatal encounter. Hill was left on the ground for five minutes before anyone rendered aid.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-JKr4nK-VI

Victim was an expected guest at the house where he was shot.

Yeah. I'm wandering around this dark garage and I come up with a light (albeit very dim) pointed towards the officer AND MY HAND BEHIND MY BACK.

Now, do I think he should have been fatally shot for that?? No. Do I think he should have expected to at LEAST get tased??? Yep.

Black, white, Indochinese. It don't matter. Wandering around a garage in the dark = Burgle-alar.

"He was an invited guest." Next time, can we provide the police with a guest list with photos first?

Yeah. I'm wandering around this dark garage and I come up with a light (albeit very dim) pointed towards the officer AND MY HAND BEHIND MY BACK.

Now, do I think he should have been fatally shot for that?? No. Do I think he should have expected to at LEAST get tased??? Yep.

Black, white, Indochinese. It don't matter. Wandering around a garage in the dark = Burgle-alar.

"He was an invited guest." Next time, can we provide the police with a guest list with photos first?
Agreed 100%. Why the F’K did this guy have his hand behind his back? I don’t think it was a good shoot, just saying that before I get shit on. I can understand the Officer being afraid in this situation but he didn’t need to shoot in my opinion. The body cam not going on might be from the chaotic stress but no rendering aid is inexcusable.

This was the Columbus man a licensed carry holder got neutralized a few weeks ago.

"Tuesday’s shooting comes weeks after a Dec. 4 shooting of Casey Goodson, a Black man, who was killed by a Franklin County Sheriff’s deputy, who was a 17-year veteran, according to the sheriff’s department. Columbus is in the county. The county coroner ruled Mr. Goodson’s death was a homicide and the Justice Department launched a civil rights investigation into the shooting, according to Columbus police."

Nice, one step closer to defunding these jackboots!

We don't need the police's permission for a civil right!
And they clearly put their lives ahead of any civilian's!

Power corrupts!

Are most of you guys f***ing retarded about the "hand behind his back"? He's walking next to the car in a tight space and he's just trailing his arm behind him to not drag it on the vehicle.

I swear to God the effort to bend over backwards and twist reality to defend police is absurd

Agreed 100%. Why the F’K did this guy have his hand behind his back? I don’t think it was a good shoot, just saying that before I get shit on. I can understand the Officer being afraid in this situation but he didn’t need to shoot in my opinion. The body cam not going on might be from the chaotic stress but no rendering aid is inexcusable.

Why, exactly, would you expect the officer to be afraid? He is responding to a non-emergency call, a noise complaint of a car engine running in a middle class neighborhood. (Apparently that is why the body cameras were not activated initially, not an emergency call). Yet he killed a man within 10 seconds of encountering him.

I understand giving the police slack when the shooting involves an armed robbery or murder suspect, and they don't have full visibility of hands, etc. But when you're walking up to someone's house, on a non-emergency call, when probably no crime has been committed, I think you need to have a higher standard for what you consider a threat, what you're afraid of.

Why, exactly, would you expect the officer to be afraid? He is responding to a non-emergency call, a noise complaint of a car engine running in a middle class neighborhood. (Apparently that is why the body cameras were not activated initially, not an emergency call). Yet he killed a man within 10 seconds of encountering him.

I understand giving the police slack when the shooting involves an armed robbery or murder suspect, and they don't have full visibility of hands, etc. But when you're walking up to someone's house, on a non-emergency call, when probably no crime has been committed, I think you need to have a higher standard for what you consider a threat, what you're afraid of.
Well common sense says that when you see a guy coming out of a garage at night holding a cell
Phone for light and having a hand behind his back and not knowing what is really going on, I say my senses are going up with radar on alert big time. I’m not saying the officer should have shot him but put yourself in that cops shoes and maybe you would be a little afraid or nervous at least? Maybe not idk but I’d be stressed about that hand behind the back situation. I don’t agree with what happened but the victim was a complete moron to not show his hands. Actually he was an idiot. That’s my bottom line. I think it was a tragic mistake no doubt. I don’t want to go back and forth with you or anyone on this, I’m not looking to argue but really if you can’t understand the hand behind the back as a potential threat in this situation then I don’t know what else to say. I definitely am pro LE to a point, I can understand the cops thought process but not enough to clear him of wrongdoing here either. It’s a tragic situation

If the cop is that scared that he immediately shoots someone before having any idea at all what is going on in a situation where he wasn’t called to because of a claim a violent crime was being committed and therefore has no other reason to think this guy is a deadly threat, he’s not competent to be a cop. Even after he shoots him and realizes he f***ed up he provided no aid.

One person there was a deadly threat and it was the scumbag cop.

Hill complied and, without saying anything, started walking out of the garage with his cellphone in one hand and his other hand in his pocket.

At that moment, Coy yelled, “There’s a gun in his other hand, there’s a gun in his other hand!’” and started shooting, according to Detwiler.

But Detwiler told investigators she didn’t see a gun and “did not observe any threats” from Hill as he walked out of the garage. No gun was found at the scene.

All the best bullets have stainless steel tethers...

1609547403183.png
1609547553489.png

Back
Top Bottom