Ordered a safe finally !!

Well I finally broke down and ordered a cannon 22 gun safe. I am really looking forward (and my wife is to) to get all the locked up cases out of our storage area in our house. Where they are located is very secure and hard to get to. But, I really wanted someplace that does not take such an effort to get to them when planning on going to the range spur of the moment. Not to mention the fire rating is over 1200 degrees for over 1.5 hours. This will allow me to store all my firearms in one secure and safe easy to get to location (basement).

My wife hopefully will be able to put her first gun purchase in there as well. She is working out the details for her firearms safety class. Hopefully she will have everything she needs by the Marlborough show so we can take her and get her first pistol.

ot to mention the fire rating is over 1200 degrees for over 1.5 hours.

I am skeptical about these ratings (including the one on my safe) since they are either "self rated" or rated by a secondary lab (ie, not UL or FM).

Nice Safe Ba19, are you going to bring it in your house yourself or are you going to hire someone to bring it in for you? I am thinking about the same safe and I have the same question I am asking myself for my house.

BTW, who did you get it from?

Eastern Security Safe Co
23 Providence Street, Mendon, MA 01756
(508) 473-1048 - Toll Free (800) 698-8800

I will bring it home and set it up with a few friends

Most home size gun safes have a door that lifts off the boddy. Even the big ones are not hard to move with a couple of guys and an appliance dolly when you move the two pieces separately.

I have 2 Liberty safes and they are both UL tested.

Read what I said carefully :).

Liberty safes are UL tested for burglary, and have the "tin can" rating like all of the other sub-TL home safes. You'll see the term "Residential Security Container" which covers a wide variety of safes, but is essentially a "5 minutes required to breech with hand carryable tools" rating.

Liberty does not use UL for fire testing. They use Omega Point which is what I call a second tier lab, the first tier consisting of UL (underwriter's lab) and FM (factory mutual).

Who gives the best prices on these safes and which brand is the best protection for the money? My Pro Steel safe is full and I could use another one.

Be careful when installing a safe. I left mine in the original cardboard shipping container to minimize damage to safe and walls during movement. When I got it down in the cellar and properly located I found that the door wouldn't open!

Safe mover

Handy Heavy Lifter...Take a Look! - $125
sale-465131806

On craigslist 10-30. NH general for sale.
Maybe this lift could be passed around between guys buying safes?

Last edited:
Boston Lock and Safe in the Allston Brighton area often has new safes with minor paint damage that they sell at a discount.

I once heard of a moving company who takes old safes out of houses and resells them for cheap money. (basically free as long as you pay shipping and a few other expenses)

Has anybody heard of this?

Back
Top Bottom