• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Opinions on Carbon Fiber Cleaning Rods

I already have nice but old Dewey coated cleaning rods although the .30 cal one has a fair amount of the coating worn off. I was wondering about updating to Carbon Fiber rods and would like to hear your comments. I looked at Tipton and Gunslick Pro, but have read a fair number of negative comments on the Tipton rods breaking in various places supposedly with "normal" force applied.

If any of you folks use these, please let me know what you think of them and any problems you have had, Thank you.

I'm a fan of Otis coated pull-through kits with the addition of brass Proshot reverse jags. Otherwise get a custom chamber seated bore guide for a Tipton CF rod for the best results.

Last edited:
I can't remember the name of my rods.. but I bought 22 and 30 cal from midway on sale. They are good. The are a touch flimsy when trying to run a tight patch though....but don't break..well not yet.

Back
Top Bottom