• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Opened my first spam can

84ta406

NES Member
Finally purchased a spam can for the Mosin. Never had one to open before and didnt realize there was a particular tool. I will say I got it open but what a bitch!Anyone else had this experience without the tool? I used a screwdriver to break the seal and the slowly punched a few more holes finally using a pair of adjustable to peel back the can enough to pull each section of ammo out.

I got the tool with my first spam can purchase at collectable arms a few years ago.......even with the tool its a bitch. I keep two cans unopened at all times......i shoot mine often enough........when a can gets down to 100 rounds I buy another can.

I use a cutting blade on the Dremel tool. I cut just a large enough hole in the bottom to sneak the paper packs out. When your done the can looks un open and makes a good display item. For a while I was selling to a,guy at my club for 5$ ea. Or some sort of trade. I don't buy many spam cans since I started loading cast bullets for my mosin.

I use an angle grinder and zip off the top of the roll crimp. Takes less than a minute and leaves a clean edge.

I use a cutting blade on the Dremel tool. I cut just a large enough hole in the bottom to sneak the paper packs out. When your done the can looks un open and makes a good display item.

I did the same exact thing lol

I laid the can on it's side and shot the lip every inch on one side. Then it was easier to pry up the rest.

No, I got an opener with my first can and it stays in my safe until needed. Won't lose it in there.

I use an angle grinder and zip off the top of the roll crimp. Takes less than a minute and leaves a clean edge.

I did this at least once too and it works pretty good. If you angle it a little bit you can get the top to "pop" into place like Tupperware... just don't try to flip it.

I use a cutting blade on the Dremel tool. I cut just a large enough hole in the bottom to sneak the paper packs out. When your done the can looks un open and makes a good display item. For a while I was selling to a,guy at my club for 5$ ea. Or some sort of trade. I don't buy many spam cans since I started loading cast bullets for my mosin.

A holesaw and a rubber stopper, and you got a nice piggy bank. When it's full, time to buy another Mosin and another spam can.

20150205_204903.jpg
[pics]
Show some pics of the carnage you ensued with the screwdriver.

Aaaaand dude what do you think the bayonet is for on the mosin? [smile]

Some carnage.. Ill be opening them much more cleaner from now on. I assume thats just standard ammunition?

Attachments

• 20150204_235348.jpg
    20150204_235348.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom