Open class just got more competitive

Today my wife wanted to go to the range and I talked her into using my open gun and holster. She had only shot .22 before, so I threw her into the deep end to see if she could swim. [smile]

Nothing like shooting a plate rack from the holster to get your feet wet.

reene 38 superweb.jpg

And here is the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-ED3NM0gQ

Mike,
Thanks for sharing...so, will we see you both shooting at Harvard next week?

Looks like it's time to order another open gun, and more ammo [wink]

Mike,
Thanks for sharing...so, will we see you both shooting at Harvard next week?

Looks like it's time to order another open gun, and more ammo [wink]

And a 1050! If she's shooting, it's much easier to justify the cost of stuff. Which will probably more than just double your costs. I know.

Thanks guys,
she had a great time and did very well for her first time. She wants her own Open gun. I'm not sure what to get, Should I get another Bedell and have it for a back up, or save some money and throw a dot on my 1911? or possibly build a 9mm 1911?

Thanks guys,
she had a great time and did very well for her first time. She wants her own Open gun. I'm not sure what to get, Should I get another Bedell and have it for a back up, or save some money and throw a dot on my 1911? or possibly build a 9mm 1911?

Mike,
A used open gun from some of the local guys might be a good starting point. Is she going to try shooting some matches?

Thanks guys,

And she's only shot a .22 before? Wow- that's great. I wish I could clear plates that quick! I wouldn't be surprised if she convinces you to let her keep that gun!

Mike,
A used open gun from some of the local guys might be a good starting point. Is she going to try shooting some matches?

I'm not sure if she would go to matches, she definately does not like getting up early on the weekends, but neither do I[grin], I think with a little more practice, she would have fun at the matches. We did movement drill indoors with the .22 and she handled the gun well.

She really likes to shoot steel, so maybe I can get a steel gun and bring her to MRA.

Thanks guys,

you've got your wife interested in shooting and she's good at it, and now you wanna go think about being cheap and saving money on her gun?
Wouldn't you be discouraged if your wife said, hmm, Mike is interested in doing what i do, I think i'll give him inferior equipment so he isn't as competitive as he can be.
Just figure if she doesn't stick with it, you've got a great second gun should you need one.
and I believe you can never have too many guns. I've got a pair of limited svi 40s, and i dont even shoot limited.
Get her a nice anniversary or birthday present, whatever comes first.

you've got your wife interested in shooting and she's good at it, and now you wanna go think about being cheap and saving money on her gun?

I gotta agree with Matt. She sure shows an awful lot of potential. You give her a cheap gun and she's gonna figure it out real quick ... and then she'll use it to collect on the life insurance money and buy a nice open gun.

Get her a nice anniversary or birthday present, whatever comes first.

She did actually say that I could get her one for a present. But everytime I think that might be a good idea, I am reminded of the episode were Homer gave Marge a bowling ball for a present with his name on it.
20071126marge.jpg

The Simpson's have yet to steer me wrong on life and career advice [wink]

That's funny, the scenario of my wife shooting with me reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where George's fiance, Susan, starts hanging out with Jerry and Elaine and his two worlds collide and he has to be "Relationship-George" 24/7 and he has no fun anymore.

Last edited:
She did actually say that I could get her one for a present. But everytime I think that might be a good idea, I am reminded of the episode were Homer gave Marge a bowling ball for a present with his name on it.
The Simpson's have yet to steer me wrong on life and career advice [wink]

Yeah, but Marge didn't want the bowling ball. That's the difference.

Back
Top Bottom