On the hunt for a new carry auto

Be careful when cleaning it. A lot of solvents are not good for the plastic.

Too bad you don't like the PPS. I got one a little while ago and love it. I am not a big person, so I couldn't go full size. It is a little challenging to shoot a gun with a 3" barrel.

A glock 19 is an awsome gun, If you cant find a 19 you could always buy a 17 and have the grip cut down to the same length as the 19. A 17 with its grip shotened will conceal well plus you have the advanatge of the 17's longer sight radius,plus 17 or 19 magazine will work. YMMV

My P345 has been amazingly reliable. Probably got around 1500 rounds through it and never a hiccup.

It was my first handgun however... and now that I know the difference in triggers.. I can say the trigger "takes some getting used to". Very long and heavy pull.

I carry a Kimber now, only because I can get all kinds of cool stuff living up here now.. but will probably never sell the P345, both because of the sentiment of it being my first handgun but because it was such a damn good value.

I assume you're talking about the Glocks. Could you elaborate? I've been using a batch of Ed's Red, with acetone added, on my Glocks for over two years now with no ill effects.

Just that some solvents are not good for plastics. Thats all. I only use the solvent on my barrel, and then use gun scrubber on the rest of the gun, even under the barrel where it gets nasty and on the slide.
Now, I dont know how much you would have to use to cause damage, I never tried. I did put a bunch in a plastic cup and it melted,it took one or two days, and cant remember the brand now [laugh]. But its not the same as a gun.

Back
Top Bottom