Old/Unusable Brass

bob999

NES Member
Didn't want to hijack the other brass thread. Does anyone know of any scrap dealers in eastern Mass that buy old or otherwise unusable brass?

Any NH/VT/ME scrap yards? I've got a bit of a stash and would hate to throw the metal into the trash....nor risk becoming a felon trying to dispose of them in MA.

Take your pick in Chelsea there is a ton of them there. They pay cash with no paper work

I know of at least one scrap dealer, Solomon Metals in Lynn, that won't accept cartridge brass. They are afraid of getting a live round. I would call first.

Hi:
Try Mid-City in Westport, MA. I got $90.00 earlier this year for a 5 gal. bucket of used brass and primers mixed.
Just be sure there are "NO" live rounds or primers.

Arnaki

Last edited:
The closer you get to the dock the higher the price and the less fussy they become. Call and ask before you go and ask for the name of the person you are talking to because sometimes the price seems to drop while you are driving there

Take your pick in Chelsea there is a ton of them there. They pay cash with no paper work

Unfortunately most scrap companies run this way. I truly believe that all scrap companies and pawn shops should have to take pictures and personal information on all materials being sold by non-commercial customers. The stealing and scrapping business is really hurting many small companies. Our company alone was hit 3 or 4 times last year. Now instead of keeping our large scrap bins outside, we have to keep much smaller ones inside which now reduces our usable space.

Back
Top Bottom