Old lures

GaryO

NES Member
I have a few old lures kicking around that may or may not be worth anything. Does anybody have expertise in this area?

I have a few old lures kicking around that may or may not be worth anything. Does anybody have expertise in this area?

Id like to jump on this too. Ive got an old lure that I would like to get an appraisal for. Maybe someone on the board is a collector?

I bought an antique tackle box at a flea market a few years ago and sold the old wood and glass lures that were it in on ebay for a lot of money.

I'm talking, "Go out and buy a new S&W 500, matching-numbers-Luger, and Colt Series 70" money.

I'm on the opposite side of the house from crash. My knowledge favors freshwater.

Supply some basic info and I might be able to give you an idea of what you can get for them. Pics help but not necessary.

Year (approx. is okay)
Manufacturer
Model(if known)
Used or Unused
Original packaging?
Color or pattern
Condition

If you don't know any of this info
Try to put up a pic and let me know what you think it's made of ie., wood, cork, plastic, etc.

I've got some knowledge in the saltwater end of vintage lures, not much for freshwater. Post up some pics!

Here is my lure. Im assuming its a saltwater jig. Most likely lead given weight. Looks like it was painted with a shiny silver paint, but its peeling in places. So should I put a deposit down on that homestead in ME Ive had my eye on?

DSC00537.jpg

From the research I did the plug has a ball bearing setup for the hooks and it is made out of wood so it seems pretty old. Also I've seen the Jitterbug listed for $20 on some sites.

I wanna say the bottle is a very early gibbs, not 100% sure but pretty sure. No idea on the fw stuff. The bottle is a great plug to throw when you have the wind in your face. Throw some new hooks on it and have a ball! It looks like its old enough to still be a great fish catcher, the newer Gibbs jusat aren't the same.

I can't give you a good idea of their worth, so, I sent the pics along to my cousin who's a nut for vintage tackle.
Sorry, I'm useless on this. One thing I'd say is that if you ebay it don't put it up as a group, put them up individually. But, he'll know what they are worth and I'll let you know. If he's got questions or wants to buy them can I send him your email?

I put the tackle box up and the plug up on Ebay, a couple of watchers on both right now. I appreciate the feedback.

I bought an antique tackle box at a flea market a few years ago and sold the old wood and glass lures that were it in on ebay for a lot of money.

I'm talking, "Go out and buy a new S&W 500, matching-numbers-Luger, and Colt Series 70" money.

Wow. I have a tacklebox in the basement that was my grandfather's. Some of the lures were from when he was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom