OK FIREFIGHTER SHOT BY AMMO IN DWELLING FIRE

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
According to this report a firefighter was hit by exploding ammo.

"In Latimer County (Oklahoma), the Buffalo Valley Fire Firefighters were fighting a fire in a dwelling that was full of guns and ammunition. The fire caused the ammunition to start popping off, and a Firefighter was shot in the face and head area.

The Firefighter was immediately treated and taken to a hospital in Tulsa. His condition has not been released."

OK FIREFIGHTER SHOT BY AMMO IN DWELLING FIRE

Was told by a person " in charge" that if I had a permit for ammo storage and they were responding to my residence for a fire they would let it burn as they watched .

I almost wonder if it was less the ammunition in the fire and ammunition in the chamber of a firearm that hit him if it’s accurate. Because there have been numerous showcases of ammunition in fires and even boiling ammo.
Yes, it's likely it was a chambered round. Also, I suppose some guns could empty the mag since it'd be cooking off rounds.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlOXowwC4c

Sounds like he was not wearing proper safety equipment?

My wife brought up "ammo in a fire" to local chief. He laughed and said "least of your worries in a fire, all the fumes from the plastics and such are worse" he then went on to say something like if your house is on fire its probably going from growing to developed if you have ammo cooking off

Was told by a person " in charge" that if I had a permit for ammo storage and they were responding to my residence for a fire they would let it burn as they watched .
i see your from burlington...i drink with some burlington firefighters at a club i belong to, they'll get an earful next time i see them. in the meantime, move over into woburn. i had a furnace fire and called the fire dept. when they arrived i told the officer on scene to be careful, i stored powder and ammo in the cellar. and a copy of my permit was hung on the cellar door. they didn't care, they charged down those stairs and extinguished the fire like their life depended on it. good bunch of guys.

Total horseshit.
Chambered round? Yes issue.
Loose ammo? NBD.
There are some real idiots in Stow at the academy. They have been known to spew wind chill factor issues effecting fire trucks in cold weather. FALSE!!
But guns fear is real.
Basement fires suck for many other reasons.

Yeah, wanna buy a bridge? LP is far more deadly and you don't hear of the houses burning to the ground while they watch.

I know a lot of the guys that are firefighters in town . They aren't going to watch it burn .. well unless they owe me money from the fantasy football league.
They are good guys. They are trained well and they will be cautious knowing there is a lot of dangerous stuff involved in a fire they are responding to.
I agree that gas cans and propane tanks are way more likely to cause problems than my 50 rounds of properly stored ammo .

I know a lot of the guys that are firefighters in town . They aren't going to watch it burn .. well unless they owe me money from the fantasy football league.
They are good guys. They are trained well and they will be cautious knowing there is a lot of dangerous stuff involved in a fire they are responding to.
I agree that gas cans and propane tanks are way more likely to cause problems than my 50 rounds of properly stored ammo .
50 rounds of properly stored ammo .
Fake news.

tenor.gif

If I could guarantee they would watch it burn....I'd definitely make sure to get a permit. Especially given the replacement value on my insurance, and remembering how long it took to repair all the smoke and water damage in my old neighbors house.

I almost wonder if it was less the ammunition in the fire and ammunition in the chamber of a firearm that hit him if it’s accurate. Because there have been numerous showcases of ammunition in fires and even boiling ammo.
There is a firefighter training video that shows ammo in fires. It wont even go through cardboard (assuming it's not a chambered round).

So, I agree with you ... OR ... he jsur got a minor scratch but HIGH POWERED BABY KILLER AMMO IS EVIL!!!

That's actually a good deal. Let it burn, collect insurance money and build a new house.

When i was young and stupid i used to throw 22s into fires all the time . The only thing that ever came out was spent casing after they cooked off.

Back
Top Bottom