• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ohio shooting at Bob Evans restaurant; waitress dead, ex-boyfriend arrested

Reptile

NES Member

Restaurant patrons in Canton 'took cover under tables' during gunfire linked to past 'domestic violence,' authorities say​

An Ohio man who allegedly shot and killed his ex-girlfriend at a Bob Evans restaurant where she waitressed was arrested following an 11-hour manhunt Friday night, according to reports.

Rebecca Jean Rogers, 38, was shot multiple times and taken to a hospital where she succumbed to her wounds, police said, according to FOX 8 in Cleveland.

Diners at the Canton, Ohio, restaurant "took cover under tables" on Friday morning when the suspect, Richard James Nelson, 54, allegedly opened fire on Rogers, then ran out the back door, precipitating the manhunt.

"There was a history of domestic violence with the victim and the suspect in the past," Canton police Chief Jack Angelo said, according to FOX 8. "This just shows how dangerous domestic violence is."

He added that no one else was shot in the incident.

Nelson was caught in East Canton, south of Cleveland, and faces charges of aggravated murder. He was being held on a $2 million bond, according to WKYC-TV in Cleveland.

Nelson reportedly has previous felony convictions in the county, include for assault.

This young woman was killed.

safe_image.jpg

Wtf? Not Bob Evan’s!!!! He should be drawn and quartered for that.

I wonder if they still put a pitcher of coke on your table. It’s been a while. Great chain.

Well if you want to get involved with an ex convict then your asking for it.

No. But sucks to see who was probably a decent person try and find herself unable to escape - sad.

Plenty of people I have known are/were convicts. A couple have since passed, a couple never have quite been able to give up the life and live in perpetual chaos, most grew up and live successful lives.

No. But sucks to see who was probably a decent person try and find herself unable to escape - sad.

Plenty of people I have known are/were convicts. A couple have since passed, a couple never have quite been able to give up the life and live in perpetual chaos, most grew up and live successful lives.
I can promise you I know more convicts and your wrong to say no.

I can promise you I know more convicts and your wrong to say no.

Really depends what for. A true domestic violence problem, true trend of violence sure. Selling weed back when they put people in prison for it, winning in a mutual combat situation that sent the other guy to the hospital, high speed chase trying to escape a DUI.. IMO the people who get in trouble for that shit in their teens and 20s and then straighten out you could never tell.

Know one guy who did 5 years for selling powder coke. He got out on parole and eventually started a legit home improvement company, worked hard and made good $$. By his early 30s he owned a home debt free. Now days he rents out some properties and makes a living off that. Criminal history sure (probably annulled in his situation) but lives a much better life than most IMO.

Really depends what for. A true domestic violence problem, true trend of violence sure. Selling weed back when they put people in prison for it, winning in a mutual combat situation that sent the other guy to the hospital, high speed chase trying to escape a DUI.. IMO the people who get in trouble for that shit in their teens and 20s and then straighten out you could never tell.

Know one guy who did 5 years for selling powder coke. He got out on parole and eventually started a legit home improvement company, worked hard and made good $$. By his early 30s he owned a home debt free. Now days he rents out some properties and makes a living off that. Criminal history sure (probably annulled in his situation) but lives a much better life than most IMO.
I can appreciate what your saying but once they go inside shit changes. Sure not 100% guaranteed they are going to bring it to the bad side but more often then not a felon will be a felon again.

Back
Top Bottom