Off to Champlain in the am

Obie1

NES Member
For the annual fishing trip with the boys. Staying in the Gut. Might do a bit of drinking and cigar smoking as well. Hope to post some pics.

Well, we made it home. There was a bit of drinking and cigar smoking, as well as occasional fishing. We probably lost half he week to dangerous winds and thunderstorms, but still had some fun. Bass were tough; biggest were between 3 and 4 pounds. Caught pike (unintentionally) up to 14 lbs. Surprise of the week was this 6-7 lb walleye that I caught on a Rat-L-Trap (that's my brother holding it)--we contemplated keeping it for dinner, but ultimately she was released.

1012438_599895070054722_1820224104_n.jpg

Thanks, it was quite a surprise. It's only the second wally I've caught at Champ in maybe a thousand hours on the water. It was caught off Bixby Island, just west of the Gut (and south of Carry Bay) in about 15 feet and lots of hydrilla. We didn't weigh it cuz I figured you could tell us from the photo (man I'm a funny guy). I'm pretty good with bass weights, but not so much wallies. She was 24-25 inches, biggest I've ever seen in person.

Back
Top Bottom