Obama wants Marines to wear ‘girly’ hats

We called the old Army dress hats "Bus driver's hats." I hated the thing only slightly less than the **** cap. Luckily I was in a Cav unit where we wore dress uniforms about one day a year: Thanksgiving.

The Rangers went absolutely bug**** when President Clinton gave everyone black berets. Made a lot of sense logistically but any change creates drama until thej new recruits who never wore anything else gain positions of authority: 7-10 years.

Rockin' my bus driver's hat in East Berlin, May 1984....When was this ever a good idea? BTW the Russian version is even wider.

fify. He did it to increase the moral in the Army to match the professionalism and esprit de corps of the rangers.

What else can this clown throw at us? Come on, starting to feel like Job of the Old Testament. "Why do the righteous suffer?" [sad2]

When I was in, dress blues = 600$ or so (can't remember exactly) and we were pulling in a whopping 4-500 bucks a month. So yeah, who cares what some super lifer or recruiter looks like in their dress blues.

Back
Top Bottom