NY-Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase

How would that even work? I can see how they'd find your social media presence, but search history? Are they going to require you to bring every internet connected device you own into the gun shop for someone to look through?

stacking up gun laws like cord wood over there. too bad, because 99% of NY's land mass is actually really nice. it's the scumbags living on that tiny little corner of the state making laws for the whole bunch. i think they should secede.

nyexit...cut off the head of the snake in NYC and let the rest of the state go about their lives in peace without all the f***ery that comes with being attached to a giant shithole city.

I'd argue 4th, and 5th amendment violations.

a**h***s will probably start to argue that the lack of any social media makes you 'unsuitable' because of not being able to evaluate you.

I'd argue 4th, and 5th amendment violations.

a**h***s will probably start to argue that the lack of any social media makes you 'unsuitable' because of not being able to evaluate you.

If they are requiring someone to turn over access to private information that isn't in the public domain, I would say absolutely.

Call me paranoid, you wouldn't be the first, but I'm willing to bet that the powers in charge already have access to all your social media posts anyway.

Rotate through a series of burner accounts if you need to play that game.

Think of the fun you can have making fake social media profiles of your "friends"

Even Orwell could not think up this sh!t

Yet Obama made it illegal to vet terrorists coming into the US by looking at their Facebook account.

Remember San Bernardino?

They had terrorist profiles on social media but immigration was forced to ignore them.

Lol. They still gotta send someone to pick up my guns and ammo, which will be nicely stacked on the front porch with fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, a tall glass of ice cold milk and carrots for the reindeer...

LOL... this f***ing guy...

Two New York lawmakers are working to draft a bill that would propose a social media check before a gun purchase.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer’s proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm.

Brooklyn Official Says He Will Carry a Gun Whenever He Enters a House of Worship

As the nation reeled from Saturday’s synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh, the borough president of Brooklyn — whose county is home to more Jews than any other in the country — said on Sunday that he would begin carrying a gun whenever he attends religious services.

“From now on,” said the borough president, Eric L. Adams, a retired captain of the New York Police Department, “I will bring my handgun every time I enter a church or synagogue.”

Mr. Adams, a Democrat and 22-year veteran of the Police Department, made his remarks at a news conference outside a Jewish family services center in the Midwood neighborhood, home to one of New York City’s highest concentrations of Orthodox Jews.

The Police Department already instructs active officers to carry their service weapons while off duty, with few exceptions. Retired officers are allowed to carry concealed weapons under federal law if they pass a marksmanship test.

Mr. Adams, who spoke outside Ohel Bais Ezra Children’s Home and Family Services Center, urged off-duty officers to bring guns when they attend religious services, and said they would be an “extension” to the on-duty officers that already protect many houses of worship.

Brooklyn Official Says He Will Carry a Gun Whenever He Enters a House of Worship

I'm in deep trouble as the only replies I give are Happy Birthday,anniversary or congrats on newborns. Not into posting which pair of underwear should I chose.

I’d be surprised if some MA PCs haven’t already done social media searches when evaluating Class A applications. Is there any law that says they can’t? Suitability can be kinda subjective. How in the world would they ever manage to get someone’s search history?

While clearly this is an abomination from a 1, 2 & 4A standpoint, I never get tired of laughing at idiots who lose their jobs or otherwise get in trouble over the stupid shit they post on social media using their real names.

This sounds like a GREAT idea

46516927_2748825948491419_2063124292668751872_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom