NRA Special Event 11/17/14

ToddDubya

NES Member
[h=3]This right here is encouragement to get my ass in gear and set up my station. I now have a deadline...

NRA’s 143[SUP]rd[/SUP] Birthday
Special Event Operation
November 17, 2014

The Yavapai Amateur Radio Club (YARC) of Prescott, AZ, will operate a special event station November 17, 2014, from 1500Z to 2400Z in celebration of the NRA’s 143rd birthday. The special event station will operate from Gunsite Academy’s 2,000-acre campus in Paulden, AZ, north of Prescott. The special event call sign will be K7NRA. Operations will be conducted on the following frequencies: 7.250, 14.050, 14.250 and 21.335 MHz. All amateur stations, especially those operated by NRA members and Gunsite alumni, are urged to participate. A special certificate will be awarded to those stations making contact during the event. QSL with a 9 x 12 SASE to:
YARC
P.O. Box 11994
Prescott, AZ 86304

For more information, contact
John Broughton, WB9VGJ
[email][email protected][/EMAIL]
928-775-2259
[/h]

K7NRA is a guy's real call sign, not a temporary one. Cool.
No picture of what the certificate looks like on his qrz.com page though. Sometimes I'll snag a special event station if I really like the certificate.

Todd, if you don't have a tuner and want a quick-n-easy antenna, string a fan dipole. Or, a 40M inverted-V gets you 40M and 15M with no tuner.

I could actually rig something up pretty quickly, but if I do that I know I wont go back and do it correctly.

In related news I just found an HRO app so I can browse for stuff while I watch tv!

How do they use someone's real call for a special event? I thought those were totally new call signs. Even better, the guy was born in 1939.

There's nothing that special about a special event station. I can advertise that for 1 hr this Thursday I'll be operating as a SE station commemorating the first anniversary of the high school gym getting new shower heads. You can request a temporary call or use your own. It's all for fun so anything goes. If you monitor the ARRL's calendar of special event stations you'll see some pretty interesting, funny or odd ones.

There's nothing that special about a special event station. I can advertise that for 1 hr this Thursday I'll be operating as a SE station commemorating the first anniversary of the high school gym getting new shower heads. You can request a temporary call or use your own. It's all for fun so anything goes. If you monitor the ARRL's calendar of special event stations you'll see some pretty interesting, funny or odd ones.

Wow, it's been a whole year already?

Back
Top Bottom