NRA Renewal

I needed to renew my NRA membership, so I called. I'd much rather talk to a warm body opposed to doing something online when given the chance, but I had to go online to get a number to call. So I get the number from the NRA's website and call.

While on the website I see the renewal is $30 and their promotional gifts are the usual cheap pocketknife, duffel bag, back pack offerings.

As I proceed with the customer support representative on the phone, she tells me it's $40 and asks if I'd like a hat or knife. I say I'd like the backpack, I could use that for the range, gym, whatever, and that I'm seeing $30 annual.

She proceeds to tell me that's not an option and we go round and round with her saying "I'm not sure where your seeing this information" I tell her its on the NRA's website.....

Point being, I was kinda miffed, solely for the point of the matter. I don't really care about the $10 difference, or a damn backpack, but the way it was handled and processed. She could have said they were out of backpacks and the $10 difference was to cover the call centers doughnut fund for all I care. Just seemed really sleezy, as soon as they had their money it was pretty much "F You".

I emailed and left a comment. All in all the whole experience probably just opened me up to an NRA junk mail bombing of epic proportions.

they're getting crazy stupid. my membership expires soon. i'll eventually re-up but for now i'm making them work for my support. i get 3 nra calls weekly from washington, va and easily 8-9 mailings a month. and yeah, they're gonna give me the $30/yr deal cause "it soon will be $40." it's been going to be 40 for a while now...frankly i thought it did go up not too long ago, no?

Called me and I said i support them, but will not renew. Said that myself and many others have lost confidence in Wayne, and he needs to hand over the reins before I renew my membership.

She said OK very kindly and I thanked her for hearing the message.

Never give them your phone number. Your area code plus 123-4567 usually works but some sites are catching it now.
NRA has my old POTS line number that I killed off 3-4 yrs ago and since everyone is dropping POTS, it isn't and never will be re-assigned. I use that number for everything else that really has no reason to need my real phone number.

I needed to renew my NRA membership, so I called. I'd much rather talk to a warm body opposed to doing something online when given the chance, but I had to go online to get a number to call. So I get the number from the NRA's website and call.

While on the website I see the renewal is $30 and their promotional gifts are the usual cheap pocketknife, duffel bag, back pack offerings.

As I proceed with the customer support representative on the phone, she tells me it's $40 and asks if I'd like a hat or knife. I say I'd like the backpack, I could use that for the range, gym, whatever, and that I'm seeing $30 annual.

She proceeds to tell me that's not an option and we go round and round with her saying "I'm not sure where your seeing this information" I tell her its on the NRA's website.....

Point being, I was kinda miffed, solely for the point of the matter. I don't really care about the $10 difference, or a damn backpack, but the way it was handled and processed. She could have said they were out of backpacks and the $10 difference was to cover the call centers doughnut fund for all I care. Just seemed really sleezy, as soon as they had their money it was pretty much "F You".

I emailed and left a comment. All in all the whole experience probably just opened me up to an NRA junk mail bombing of epic proportions.
#firstWorldProblems.

Let's get this straight: Prefers to call a call center than doing something that takes 30 seconds online, has a terrible experience, argues with front line of call center, then EMAILS TO COMPLAIN.

Between posts like this, the BoA ATM person, and complaints about purchasing ammo from Walmart I think NES just loves to do things the dumbest way possible so they can start a rant thread.

Let's get this straight: Prefers to call a call center than doing something that takes 30 seconds online, has a terrible experience, argues with front line of call center, then EMAILS TO COMPLAIN.

Between posts like this, the BoA ATM person, and complaints about purchasing ammo from Walmart I think NES just loves to do things the dumbest way possible so they can start a rant thread.

Well, there was more to in wanting to speak with a representative that I didn't think could be done online. I don't avoid doing things online, but given the choice, I prefer to speak with someone.

ETA: It wasn't a rant by any means. More of a musing that there seems to be a difference in price for the same service whether one would call or do it online that they seemed to deny existing.

Hahahaha the atm guy takes the cake tho lol

Back
Top Bottom