Nra Range officer training

Rob, as you learned the RSO course is all about SOPs. It really is designed for a commercial range and not a gun club range.

I just completed the on-line RSO class (long story, but someone wanted me certified and was willing to pay for it).

The class was decent, but I think it's unfortunate the NRA is choosing to milk its online courses as cash cows rather than as a service to members. $125 to look at a couple hundered slides with audio narration and take an on-line exam to earn a PDF certificate is in my opinion a bit steep, and will discourage people from taking this class.

I always use to think that if there was an injury on the range that the procedure was to call 911 and render first aid. Now that I have taken the course, I know the procedure is to refer to the range SOP and call the emergency number listed in that document :).

I did the old fashion read the mailed books and mail in the completed test 5 years ago for $25. It does look like they are making training a cash cow.

I did the old fashion read the mailed books and mail in the completed test 5 years ago for $25. It does look like they are making training a cash cow.
Yeah, I keep kicking myself for not doing it then. But, I have a client who wants me certified, so I was paid to take this class.

The irony is that the NRA spend much more per student when it was $25 than they do with the current fully automated system. Their high fees seem contrary to the mission of reaching as many people as possible, and the $60 "adder" for the basic safety class will drive people to non-NRA classes.

Back
Top Bottom