NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home - Sat & Sun, April 13 & 14, 2013

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home
April 13 & 14, 2013 (Sat & Sun)

This is a 2 day (total: 15 hr) course, Usually given on a Saturday and Sunday with a total of ~9 hrs (~250 rds) on the range (~3.5hrs Sat and ~5.5hrs Sun).
Comprehensive and intensive in its approach to equip the defensive shooting candidate with the skills needed to survive serious adversity, including the legal ramifications and how to deal with the police questioning after a self-defense shooting.

Students should expect to spend ~3.5 hours on Saturday and ~5.5 hours (Sunday) on the range and shooting approximately 250-300 rounds of ammunition in various exercises and scenarios. There is also a law component which discusses the aftermath of being involved in a self-defense shooting outside the home.
Student equipment requirements:

• Carry Firearm with owner's manual, holster, fanny pack (if you will consider using it for ccw), extra magazines/speed loaders with appropriate belt pouches,
  • Eye & Ear protection, dark sun glasses (to simulate low light shooting),
  • a SOLID gun belt,
  • dummy rounds or snap caps,
  • firearm mounted light or other appropriate carry flashlight,
  • over garment such as over shirt or light jacket concealed carry
  • approximately 300-400 rounds of ammunition.
  • KNEE AND ELBOW PADS ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!
  • A Shooters mat or car mats also will come in handy.

NOTE: NRA PPIH is a pre-requisite for this class and students must be at least 21 yo. Also Note that this student level course is a pre-requisite to becoming an NRA PPOH Instructor!

Cost is $325.00 (Please take a $25.00 discount if your payment in full with registration is received by the class registration deadline), but a $50.00 minimum deposit (non-refundable) is required to reserve a seat in this class. Please pre-register here: http://home.comcast.net/~safety-instructor (use Contact page)

Registration Deadline for 4/13 & 14/2013 class is March 30.2013. Late registrations might be accepted, please use Contact page: http://home.comcast.net/~safety-instructor

Hi Len is this the instructor course, I have basic Pistol and Home Safety Instructor what more do I need to qualify for this course.

Thanks

Rick

Rick,

This is the student course. I am not a NRA Training Counselor (they are the only ones who can teach the Instructor level courses).

To take PPOH-Student, one must either be a PPIH Instructor or have taken the PPIH Student course first.

NRA requires that you take the PPOH Student course (and be a PPIH Instructor) prior to taking the PPOH Instructor course.

Scouter-Rick teaches both the PPIH-I and PPOH-I courses and I highly recommend him when you are ready to do so.

Rapid Fire ---- PM me your email and I will put you on the mailing list for schedule announcements.

I have PPIH and PPOH Instructor set to run around Lens PPOH student course.

-Rick

Seats are still available.

NOTE: You MUST have taken NRA PPIH (see other thread) prior to taking PPOH (NRA Rules).

quick question

Rick is offering the PPIH Instructor before this class, does this qualify for the the prerequisite for PPOH Student course? I am pistol safety and home safety instructor certified.
Thanks,
Sal

Seats are still available.

NOTE: You MUST have taken NRA PPIH (see other thread) prior to taking PPOH (NRA Rules).

Last edited:
Last call. Deadline is approaching this week. Next class won't be until late October. [Deposit check must be received by Saturday, 3/30/13 to ensure that I get the student packets from NRA in time for you.]

You must have taken PPIH to be eligible (NRA rules) this class. And this class is required in order to become an NRA PPOH Instructor.

Back
Top Bottom