• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA Action Pistol

MaverickNH

NES Member
Now retired 10 months, I finally have time for more shooting and just qualified for NRA Action Pistol at NFGA (Nashua, NH). I did an Intro “match” this past Wednesday with modified rules and the written practical test this morning to qualify. I think it will be great fun and good practice. While it a “cold” range one can carry “hot” to and from the range, so I can live with that. One doesn’t draw and fire from the holster, nor shoot while moving, so that’s a bit limiting. But no complants.

A good bunch of people there who do a lot of work to run the program - I figure I’ll learn a lot. Sure beats shooting on a standard range!

Now retired 10 months, I finally have time for more shooting and just qualified for NRA Action Pistol at NFGA (Nashua, NH). I did an Intro “match” this past Wednesday with modified rules and the written practical test this morning to qualify. I think it will be great fun and good practice. While it a “cold” range one can carry “hot” to and from the range, so I can live with that. One doesn’t draw and fire from the holster, nor shoot while moving, so that’s a bit limiting. But no complants.

A good bunch of people there who do a lot of work to run the program - I figure I’ll learn a lot. Sure beats shooting on a standard range!
"One doesn’t draw and fire from the holster, nor shoot while moving, so that’s a bit limiting"
Yeah, just a bit...

After you're comfortable with this sort of match, check out IDPA or USPSA. A lot less "limiting".

NFGA has opened their Action Pistol range to members for practice drawing from the holster. Only two can use the range at a time, left and right of a barrier, but one can shoot steel plate racks (two racks of 6 round dropping plates) or paper targets. Distances are limited to minimize potential for overshooting the backstops/berms. But that’s a nice option.

The qualification was simply demonstrating safe draw, shoot, clear, reholster. It’s still a “cold range” so one can only have a loaded mag on the firing line.

Back
Top Bottom