Norinco AK?

Garys

NES Member
I have a chance to buy a Norinco AK. I saw the weapon a couple of years ago, but haven't seen it since. The deal includes the rifle, several pre ban magazines, and 250 or so rounds of 7.62 ammunition.

Does anyone have any information on this particular variation? Things I should watch for? Price range?

Thanks,

Gary

Theres a few diferent Norinco AK models and they can range from 600 to over 1000 dollars. Check what it has for features and go from there with searches on the auction sites. I do know that as of now Zero Hour is the only place I know that can get them in on a steady basis, and like mentioned, I think they start at $600.

Aside from the fact that sales of Norinco firearms DIRECTLY funds the Chi-Com war machine, I've heard that the firearms themselves are sturdy weapons...

I have a chance to buy a Norinco AK. I saw the weapon a couple of years ago, but haven't seen it since. The deal includes the rifle, several pre ban magazines, and 250 or so rounds of 7.62 ammunition.

Does anyone have any information on this particular variation? Things I should watch for? Price range?

Thanks,

Gary

2 things to check on any Norinco SKS:

Check to make sure that the hammer doesn't fall every time the bolt goes into battery, if it does it'll go full auto on ya

Check to make sure the firing pin moves freely and doesn't stay forward, or you'll also have the same problem.

Aside from the fact that sales of Norinco firearms DIRECTLY funds the Chi-Com war machine, I've heard that the firearms themselves are sturdy weapons...

Very true on the initial sale at retail. On resale however, nobody cuts a commission check to the Commies.

2 things to check on any Norinco SKS:

Check to make sure that the hammer doesn't fall every time the bolt goes into battery, if it does it'll go full auto on ya

Check to make sure the firing pin moves freely and doesn't stay forward, or you'll also have the same problem.

The OP is asking about an AK-47, not an SKS. [wink]

Thanks to everyone for the answers and advice. I'll have to check with the seller and get some more information and a hands on look.

Gary

Norinco AK's and SKS's are said to be some of the best, just short of the Russian ones. For SKS's, I prefer Chinese over any others. THe Chinese AK's are good, and should bring a premium.

Back
Top Bottom