Norinco 1911 mags

deerdad

NES Member
Back when the Norinco 1911's hit the market, I took the chance and bought one at a local gun show. The price was low and I figured if it turned out to be junk, it wouldn't be THAT much of a loss. Well 20 years later I'm glad I picked it up. For my ability, It's been a good shooter. It had come with two 7 rd mags. I want to pick up a couple more mags for it and was wondering if any standard 1911 mags would work. I believe they're the same but want to be sure before ordering any. Does anyone know for sure?

Greg

1911 mags are 1911 mags. Some work better than others in any given 1911. I've got inexpensive 1911 mags that in some cases work better than my expensive magazines.

I have a Norinco 1911. The only mag problem I've encountered is the slide not staying open on the last shot on certain magazines. I have this issue with oddly Wilson Combat and Colt mags but USGI and Chip McCormick's work 100%. Don't know if you would have the same results in yours. Happy to report feeding problems are rare no matter what mag I use.

Ditto.

Picked up my Norinco 1911 for $200 brand new back in the day. (Went back to the same dealer later on the in month and bought the Norinco Tokarev 213 in 9mm.)

Last spring picked up some of the cheaper "Colt .45 auto" mags for $8.95 each. Only had issue loading one of them. The mag body was slightly dented inward.

I have a Norinco that has been rebuilt by Clark into a CMP Ball gun. Any 1911 mag will work.
F'ing thing is crazy accurate.

I have a Norinco 1911. The only mag problem I've encountered is the slide not staying open on the last shot on certain magazines. I have this issue with oddly Wilson Combat and Colt mags but USGI and Chip McCormick's work 100%. Don't know if you would have the same results in yours. Happy to report feeding problems are rare no matter what mag I use.

I've found this is from the spring not being string enough or follower is dragging /or dented not pushing up fast enough .

I've found this is from the spring not being string enough

Yes, I would agree. Just don't know why it would happen with those 2 brands. Not a fan of Wilson anyway despite the skirted follower used but Colt branded, surprised to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom