• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

No more open carry

F- CT.... CT is one of the Worse states in New England.... and it has beautiful areas...

My dad moved there... I said good luck to him...

Looks like I'm keeping my J frame... that I wanted to send to him... because.. he and his liberal wife will say "its against the law"

Even though I'll go through an FFL.

Angering.. CT has been on a hard downward spiral... since the early 90s.

and this will withstand a challenge in light of the Bruen decision how?
As other States have done, CT will just come up with another law and then let themselves get sued and drag it out in the courts for however long. All of these gun rights 'wins' are pyrrhic victories for the usual suspect States.

Of note in @wildwest 's OP, CT politicians are still pimping out the Sandy Hook kids. Between the Alex Jones circus trial and more gun laws with tangential ties to Sandy Hook, they never will let that tragedy go to waste. 50 years from now, they'll still be equating the shooting with the next wave of 'common sense gun legislation.'

Fortunately it's still a no restrictions shall issue state with a good firearms review board, walk into a gun dealer and buy pretty much whatever handgun you want except for magazine restrictions you can still defend yourself in Connecticut. It's beginning to suck for collectors for people that want to strap a 10mm to their chest and go hiking.

I was at Hoffmans gun shop last night talking to one of the salesman about the new laws, he mentioned they just had an issue doing a transfer for two of their customers between each other. They took in the pistol from the first guy, went to transfer to the second guy, they could not transfer it to him due to the new three gun law. Come to find out the 30 days started before the October 1st date not after! what bs!

What does this mean if you're carrying and a gust wind blew up your shirt so a pearl clutcher sees your gun on your hip and decides to frantically dial 911 to report a man with a gun?

Do you lose gun rights forever after you get arrested for open carry?

What does this mean if you're carrying and a gust wind blew up your shirt so a pearl clutcher sees your gun on your hip and decides to frantically dial 911 to report a man with a gun?

Do you lose gun rights forever after you get arrested for open carry?

2) No person shall knowingly carry any firearm openly, except when such person is within the dwelling house, on land leased or owned by the person appurtenant to such dwelling house or within the place of business of such person, or such person is engaged in firearm training
or bona fide hunting activity. For the purposes of this subdivision, a person shall not be deemed to be carrying a firearm openly if such person has taken reasonable measures to conceal the fact that such person is carrying a firearm. A fleeting glimpse of a firearm shall not constitute a violation of this subdivision.

CT isn’t as bad as MA with public firearm paranoia.

I quoted one.
I know maybe 35 or 40, plus myself. Obviously we don’t collect the same things. It’s people around my age, in their 60’s. I’ve never heard that from any of them. It seems we’re only a generation away from losing our 2a right. As far as I know, that concerns all of us.

Back
Top Bottom