NH Firewood Sellers?

Not sure if this is totally in the right forum, but I wasn't sure if there were any NESers that also sell wood either as a primary business or on the side. I need some seasoned wood for this year and some green wood for next year.

I see a bunch of posts on Craigslist but I'd like to help fellow NESers first.

Looking to take delivery in the next two weeks and I'm in the Greater Manchester area.

PMs appreciated.

Never found anyone here back when I was looking... but you mentioned you drive through Hampstead to me before.. there's a guy a little North of Landscapers Depot on 125... you'll see a dump trailer with a phone number on it. I had good luck with him twice.

I also keep two pallets of envirobricks in the garage, just in case. (The lumber store in Hampstead delivers with a moffet truck and the brought it right in) A lot of BTU's in a small and cost efficient package that's easily stored indoors so you don't have to risk injuring yourself bringing it in if SHTF. Went through half a pallet last year to get used to using them. Very nice once you master getting it started without kindling.

there is a guy on peaslee rd in Merrimack NH 42.833253,-71.553253
I have only bought from his campfire batches but the wood was all hardwood and the prices were reasonable compared to others that sell in that format may be worth the ride out there is you live nearby. sorry I don't have a number

I've bought from the following three guys in Milford, NH area: Robert 603-732-3437, Mark 603-487-3931, Rocca Farms 603-554-5414.

The first guy had the best prices recently. I paid him 180/cord for green. 200 for seasoned.

Thanks guys. I got seasoned maple/oak mix for $250/cord. Got three cords on top of what I already have (which was less than one cord). Hopefully that's enough to get from October to March.

Thanks guys. I got seasoned maple/oak mix for $250/cord. Got three cords on top of what I already have (which was less than one cord). Hopefully that's enough to get from October to March.

should be able to do that easily.. based on what you've mentioned about your house in the past. Next storm we have with no power for 3-4 days, give me a ring and we'll laugh at all the people that dare live in new england without one. I'll see if my wife can write up how she makes chicken noodle soup on ours in power outages.

pro-tip: keep a "humidifier" or "steamer" (or shit, even a pot of water) on top of the stove... house gets dry as a friggin bone without it.

Like this, but can be found much cheaper if you look around. My parents snagged me an LLBean one at a yard sale for a dollar that was brand new: http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Wood-.../Wood-Stove-Steamers/Ledge-Wood-Stove-Steamer

pro-tip: keep a "humidifier" or "steamer" (or shit, even a pot of water) on top of the stove... house gets dry as a friggin bone without it.

Like this, but can be found much cheaper if you look around. My parents snagged me an LLBean one at a yard sale for a dollar that was brand new: http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Wood-.../Wood-Stove-Steamers/Ledge-Wood-Stove-Steamer
Good tip. Since, unless there's a direct-to-stove makeup air inlet, stoves will draw super-dry (because cold) outside air into the house, it gets really dry pretty quick. We use the Condar half kettles. Made in the USA. Look good, tough as nails. http://www.woodstove-outlet.com/woodstove/Ocp46290.htm Even then, it doesn't suck to have some alternate humidification elsewhere in the house. It really gets dry.

Good tip. Since, unless there's a direct-to-stove makeup air inlet, stoves will draw super-dry (because cold) outside air into the house, it gets really dry pretty quick. We use the Condar half kettles. Made in the USA. Look good, tough as nails. http://www.woodstove-outlet.com/woodstove/Ocp46290.htm Even then, it doesn't suck to have some alternate humidification elsewhere in the house. It really gets dry.

I concur, we actually have a kettle too but we quit using it because it actually whistles... it looks just like what you linked except is a full kettle. (mine was cheap shit though from ebay, rusted to hell so I had to sand it and take high-temp paint to it)

When its really cold and dry and we're doing some serious burning, we actually throw a pot of water on in addition to the steamer.

I've bought from the following three guys in Milford, NH area: Robert 603-732-3437, Mark 603-487-3931, Rocca Farms 603-554-5414.

The first guy had the best prices recently. I paid him 180/cord for green. 200 for seasoned.

Thanks kman.

I just got the first cord of four I ordered from Robert. Nice guy, thanks for the tip.

should be able to do that easily.. based on what you've mentioned about your house in the past. Next storm we have with no power for 3-4 days, give me a ring and we'll laugh at all the people that dare live in new england without one. I'll see if my wife can write up how she makes chicken noodle soup on ours in power outages.

I think I found my new favorite hobby. Not sure if the next purchase is going to be a new rifle or a gas-powered log splitter. [wink]

Do you need a trivet (or whatever it's called) under the humidifier? I also plan on getting a woodstove compatible kettle for tea and hot chocolate. I noticed that if you dare touch the stove when it's hot, like to wipe away a piece of ash, then it leaves a mark. Or can you just leave the humidifier directly on top of the stove?

We just leave the Condar directly on the stove. It's cast aluminum, doesn't rust, react with or harm the stove.

I think I found my new favorite hobby. Not sure if the next purchase is going to be a new rifle or a gas-powered log splitter. [wink]

Do you need a trivet (or whatever it's called) under the humidifier? I also plan on getting a woodstove compatible kettle for tea and hot chocolate. I noticed that if you dare touch the stove when it's hot, like to wipe away a piece of ash, then it leaves a mark. Or can you just leave the humidifier directly on top of the stove?

I've always put stuff right on the stove so that the heat conducts. Probably depends on the finish.. but my stove is steel and it leaves a small ring that buffs out. Spilling any water obviously leaves hard water marks, etc. A shitty kettle got rust marks all over, but those mostly wiped off. Doesn't bother me given the position and height of the stove, add in the fact that the stuff on it barely ever moves. But if it ever looks real bad a quick shot of stove paint and its like new again.

You don't need a stove with one of those hot plate tops to get things boiling, though I'm sure its more efficient and doesn't require the stove to burn as hot.

Back
Top Bottom