• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA

Just remember to DOUBLE CHECK all sources, down to the actual state's laws.

No room for error in such matters, although I've found gross errors on both sites (packing.org never corrected them, handgunlaws.us did correct those I flagged).

Last edited:
Now that Packing.org is Tango Uniform, can anyone give me a link for laws in ME especially as regard to NFA arms?

Don't know what your particular question is, but long and short is "everything" is legal in Maine. I (well OK my corporation) owe suppressors up there, and I bring/shoot, my MG's up there quite often...

PASS GO, PAY THE ATF $200

Now that Packing.org is Tango Uniform, can anyone give me a link for laws in ME especially as regard to NFA arms?

Us Mainers, we love guns, love 'em real good. We really love the ones that are quiet and leave a PILE of brass to the right!

Unless you are in York or Cumberland county you should be ok, I would call your Sheriff first to save headaches. My Sheriff basically wanted to know if I was getting anything out of the ordinary they had a good cool factor.

Us Mainers, we love guns, love 'em real good. We really love the ones that are quiet and leave a PILE of brass to the right!

Unless you are in York or Cumberland county you should be ok, I would call your Sheriff first to save headaches. My Sheriff basically wanted to know if I was getting anything out of the ordinary they had a good cool factor.

what is problematic about York or Cumberland county?

From past (over 10 yrs) experience, they were more restrictive then the rest of the state, may not even be an issue nowadays. Even then no where as problematic as Mass, CT or RI. I think they just made an out of the ordinary process of the whole thing.

I am in York county and have never had a problem. When I went to the police chief to talk to him prior to purchasing my Class 3, he was the one who turned me on to the dealer I ended up buying it from. What towns in particular have you had issues with. Portland is the only one that I know folks have had issues. But that is across the board gunwise.

I am in York county and have never had a problem. When I went to the police chief to talk to him prior to purchasing my Class 3, he was the one who turned me on to the dealer I ended up buying it from. What towns in particular have you had issues with. Portland is the only one that I know folks have had issues. But that is across the board gunwise.

Sorry, I didn't point out in first post, not first hand knowlege. I'm from northern Somerset County, and the Sheriff is first rate. Portland is Portland. I do know of people who had hard times with Waterville.

Back
Top Bottom