New Jersey just took a step back in gun rights.

One more "step back" and they'll fall off the edge. I guess we should just be glad that they don't allow foot binding and child abuse.

That really sucks. I think i would rather live under the 1 gun a month rule though than an EOPS list. At least you can still buy what you want. The way MA is going we'll have the 1 gun a month law on top of what we already have!

If they went any further back they would be going forward. I don't understand how any conservative/libertarian could live there.

Wow... I figured NJ was already so bad that I would have guessed they already had a 1-gun-a-month law.

Something like this in MA would finally make me move to NH, no matter what... I have been holding off for numerous reasons (job, wife's needs, housing crash) but that'd do it.

Wow... I figured NJ was already so bad that I would have guessed they already had a 1-gun-a-month law.

Something like this in MA would finally make me move to NH, no matter what... I have been holding off for numerous reasons (job, wife's needs, housing crash) but that'd do it.

Set a goal and do it. Believe me guns are a very small part of wanting to move to NH. The quality of life is sooooooooo much better for soooooooo many reasons.

One more "step back" and they'll fall off the edge. I guess we should just be glad that they don't allow foot binding and child abuse.

How can they go any further backward?

Set a goal and do it. Believe me guns are a very small part of wanting to move to NH. The quality of life is sooooooooo much better for soooooooo many reasons.

I'd move up in a second if I could find a job there. I've been thinking Sig customer service?

My Brother and I owned a house together in Nashua, I never lived there he did, he needed my financial assistance to qualify (this is 21 years ago). If I knew then what I know now I would have never sold it. [sad2]

I had a good job and woman down here when we did sell like 8-9 years ago. I realize it was a big mistake now.

I'm a dumbass. [thinking][hmmm] I suck. Throw rocks at me.

I had a good job and woman down here when we did sell like 8-9 years ago. I realize it was a big mistake now.

I'm a dumbass. [thinking][hmmm] I suck. Throw rocks at me.
Can't do it when I'm living in a glass house myself. We moved from Fitchburg to our current place 5 miles from the border 8 years ago. I was not "into guns" at the time. If I knew then what I know now I'd have moved 5 miles in ANY direction, but most like north.

I'm a dumbass. I suck.

Tell us something we don't know........ [wink]

NJ already had the power to limit purchases to one or less guns a month, without the passing of another retarded law.
For every single gun you want to buy in NJ, you have to get a "permit to purchase" from your local PD or licensing authority. If they simply refuse to issue the permit, you can't buy any more guns.
[frown]

It is so un American to quit and move to another state for your 2A rights. I have read posts suggesting moving to another state like NH many many times. Instead of staying in Massachusetts and fighting for our rights here.
Let me tell you I was in Nevada few months back and they were discussing the effects of Californians moving to Nevada. Even though Nevada is one of the biggest pro gun states, anti gun people changing that balance in one bordering county. Don't forget they have different thinking folks up in Manchester too. They don't like open carry practiced in their city.
Bottom line It was not like this in this state 40 years ago. It happened slowly giving an inch everyday. We are losing in every state nation wide. Please hold your ground. The least you could do is joining to Goal and NRA. But that is just a beginning. HELP and encourage your friend, neighbor, co-worker to get their LTC.

It is so un American to quit and move to another state for your 2A rights. I have read posts suggesting moving to another state like NH many many times. Instead of staying in Massachusetts and fighting for our rights here.
Let me tell you I was in Nevada few months back and they were discussing the effects of Californians moving to Nevada. Even though Nevada is one of the biggest pro gun states, anti gun people changing that balance in one bordering county. Don't forget they have different thinking folks up in Manchester too. They don't like open carry practiced in their city.
Bottom line It was not like this in this state 40 years ago. It happened slowly giving an inch everyday. We are losing in every state nation wide. Please hold your ground. The least you could do is joining to Goal and NRA. But that is just a beginning. HELP and encourage your friend, neighbor, co-worker to get their LTC.

I'm moving out of Mass. for more than just guns, and so are thousands of other (in record numbers).

I'm leaving, but not giving up the fight.

Is there some sort of award for managing to use "New Jersey" and "Gun Rights" in the same sentence? There should be.

Ken

To be honest and pardon my language, I don’t f**king get it. I don’t care about the state or the country laws at this point. I care about one thing at the time. This time I care about guns, so I will rather to be told yes or not, instead to be guessing every second or to be glued to the news about it. For example: We know that you can’t drink until you are 21 years old, okay, at least we know. We know that we can’t vote until the age of 18 or older, okay we know. By we don’t know anymore what we can do or not about guns. Really, I don’t get it. For instants in some states you can have a gun machine but you can’t have a Glock, you can have a mag. up to 10 rounds but not 15. Wow, what is that mean? That you can shot a person 10 times but not 15? Is it 15 rounds more dangerous than 10 rounds?. You can buy one gun a month? How many guns you do need if you want to do something stupid, really?

Next thing will be, that all of us gun’s owners we will need to have a microchip in our skin in order to carry a gun. To be honest, I will never get it.

Ish.

For every single gun you want to buy in NJ, you have to get a "permit to purchase" from your local PD or licensing authority. If they simply refuse to issue the permit, you can't buy any more guns.
[frown]

Yikes! That's sort of like having to get an LTC over and over and over again, and hope that it gets approved every time. Just getting the LTC already sucked enough.

What retarded laws! If anyone was really wanting to do something bad, he could do it with his first gun just fine.

Yikes! That's sort of like having to get an LTC over and over and over again, and hope that it gets approved every time. Just getting the LTC already sucked enough.

What retarded laws! If anyone was really wanting to do something bad, he could do it with his first gun just fine.

It gets even worse. The future of gun ownership in NJ is already written. They already passed a law stipulating that once a viable "smart" gun is sold on the market, that will become the only legal handgun to purchase three years after it's introduction. A "smart" gun is one that relies on a built-in safety system that only allows an authorized user to operate it. It may be biometric such as a fingerprint reader, or magnetic that requires the user to wear a special magnetically encoded ring, or maybe some type of RFID device.

Ever see the movie Judge Dredd?

If anyone was really wanting to do something bad, he could do it with his first gun just fine.

Or just do what the Virginia Tech shooter did and wait a month to buy the second gun for your rampage.

Or just do what thousands of criminals do every day and buy black market firearms with no background check, no waiting period, and no barrel length restrictions.

Or do what Timothy McVeigh did with fertilizer and diesel.

It's lunacy to try to legislate safety like this.

NJ doesn't have gun a month already? I don't see how you could possibly
make that state any worse for gun ownership.

-Mike

What he said. Understandably it wouldn't be as easy to get a job at this point though.

It's hard to get jobs in MA nevermind NH.

The only upshot right now of relocating is that housing is cheap nearly
everywhere. (at least, compared to what it used to be... )

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom