• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NEW CLASS: Understanding Firearms Law with Chief Ron Glidden

Mass Firearms

Instructor
Dealer
NES Member
mugshot3.jpg This three hour presentation is intended for gun owners who want to stay current with the confusing and complex firearms laws of Massachusetts.

Chief Glidden (Ret.) is the author of the Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law (now in its 18th edition). During the class, Chief Glidden will be covering such topics as:

* Licensing procedures including the various types of licenses
* Licensing problem areas and how to avoid them
* License restrictions and what they mean to you
* Assault weapons and large capacity magazines issues
* What guns you can and cannot buy from a dealer
* Private sales and transfers
* Conflicts between the approved handgun roster and the Attorney General regulations
* Safety course requirements
* New federal requirements when traveling in other states
* Seasonal and part-time resident issues
* Non-resident issues
* Secure storage requirements in the home and in your vehicle
* And much more...

The certificate you receive for attending this seminar will be a great addition to your firearms training resume.

Cost is $80

***SPECIAL OFFER: students will have the opportunity to purchase the CD version of Chief Glidden's book The Law Enforcement Guide To Firearms Law for only $25 (the book retails for $40). Many users find this format preferable to the original manual (or use it as a companion to the original manual) because of the computer search capabilities.

Date of Class: Saturday, January 21, 2012 from 1pm to 4pm

To sign up for the class click here.

To read more about the class click here.

Instructor's Bio

glidden.jpg After 26 years in law enforcement (the last 17 as chief of police) Ron has become a leading authority on the subject of Mass Firearms Law.

Ron has served as chairman of the Massachusetts Gun Control Advisory Board for more than a decade and currently serves as President of the Municipal Police Institute (the non-profit training affiliate of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association).

Ron has a master's degree in criminal justice, and is author of two books: Stopping The School Shooter, and The Law Enforcement Guide to Firearms Law.

Last edited:
I have asked MFS if there is some kind of take-away from this course in RG's book or cd. I will be waiting to see what their answer is, before I confirm my subscription to this course. GC

***SPECIAL OFFER: students will have the opportunity to purchase the CD version of Chief Glidden's book The Law Enforcement Guide To Firearms Law for only $25 (the book retails for $40). Many users find this format preferable to the original manual (or use it as a companion to the original manual) because of the computer search capabilities.

I've pinged MFS a few times regarding this sort of class (It was offered in the past but not for some time now). I'm glad to see you found someone to do it and will probably attend. To make this really valuable, I hope Ron doesn't skim coat the law. I really want the details. I will report back to the forum once I take the class. Unfortunately, it isn't until the end of Jan... wazzzup wit dat?

Back
Top Bottom