New acquisitions for June 2008

Hey, ramx50, I am looking for a carry piece for my wife...is that P230 ok for a woman? I am not a huge fan of a .380, but she hates my 340PD with .38, let alone .357 mag. Just looking for your opinion on it.

Yes it is! My wife looked at it when I brought it home and she said it was nice. She walked by me after I put on the new grips, stopped, picked it up again and I got the "this is much nicer, i like it, so this is my new range gun?"[sad2]

The new grips make it 10X better in my opinion (and my wifes).

Nice pickups! I take it you went threw mgunna2002. He's a wicked nice guy! How's he doing?

I was thinking about calling him for another Beta-C, but it looks like I can't now [wink].

Yes i did! He is doing very well, he said he has been crazy with orders for full autos from his local PD.

+1 on the wicked nice guy part. He was great to deal with! I just wish I could get my hands on some of his other full auto toys!![grin]

Reposted from the AR thread

Built this the day after Heller day (although it was more intended to be in celebration of getting done with school for the year)

It's a Model 1 M4 upper, with an MI extended length two piece rail, MI emergency rear sight, some of those modular Magpul rail covers, the NES flashlight, and an ACE ARFX stock, plus the Eotech. I sighted it at short range and it looks like it's going to be a great shooter. DPMS receiver from FS. It was my first time building an AR, so it took me about 3 hours (mainly messing with springs before noticing that they were too long)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

I got that stock on Ebay. It's a Christie & Christie

It just so happens that I sold the stock on Ebay after I realized it was illegal to own in MA.

I'd put it up on WTS/WTT - here on NES, but there were no takers...

ironically, I shipped it out today due to the holiday - and also, ironically, I came accross this question (Rob87) today after posting in the July "new" acquisitions...

EDIT: I did however order a Hogue stock for my 10/22 and now I have plenty left over between pay pal and Discover Card "credits" or WTF ever they call them to get a bull barrel and bi-pod...

So now I'm looking at the extended charging handle and magazine release as well.

i think the scope will be purchased over the next three to four months as the 10/22 will be on pause for an AR build... loocking to do an M&P15(ish) build, starting with the DPMS lower.. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty sweet...Once again, you never cease to amaze me.

Thanks !
She was delivered finally yesterday and - BINGO !
The crown over N proof mark tells, that she's been born
no later than 1938.
She looks much better than on the pics; the Walther logo
and scipt are very clear.
Good, that the seller can't shoot sharp pics[smile]

Last edited:
Reposted from the AR thread

Built this the day after Heller day (although it was more intended to be in celebration of getting done with school for the year)

I

Nice picks. I've been wondering what the co-witness view looks like with an Eotech and BUIS. Thanks for the perspective.

R. Duke

Back
Top Bottom