National Gun Control Group to Rally in Maine this Monday.

National Gun Control Group to Rally in Maine

Anybody else up for a counter protest? I can make it.

06/17/2013 10:18 AM ET

Mayors Against Illegal Guns is holding a rally in Augusta today as part of its 25-state national bus tour aimed at drumming up support for background checks and other measures.

AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) _ A national gun-control group co-founded by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is holding a rally in Maine.

Mayors Against Illegal Guns is holding a rally in Augusta on Monday as part of its 25-state national bus tour aimed at drumming up support for background checks and other measures it says will reduce gun violence. The tour kicked off Friday, six months after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary school in Newtown, Conn., that killed 20 children and six educators.

Monday's rally begins at 9:30 a.m. at the Augusta Area Unitarian Universalist Community Church.

A former police chief, a pastor, the mother of a murder victim, the head of a Maine gun control advocacy group and a military veteran are slated to speak.

National Gun Control Group to Rally in Maine

Anybody else up for a counter protest? I can make it.
The assailant at Sandy hook was not a gun owner. He was prohibited. He stole the weapons. The use of this tragedy to further attempts at increasing restrictions on law abiding citizens proves that these people are illogical and unreasonable. They believe that all gun owners are evil and wish to murder the innocent. These people are evil. They wish to strip the power to fight for survival from the innocent. They do not belong in this world.

What great reporting by MPBN. They publish an article on June 17th at 10:18 am about an event taking place on June 17th at 9:30 am. Based on the way the article was written I thought it would be this Monday coming up next week. But it is not. The rally was today. I guess I will not be going.

It looks like no one showed up. Of course the media just ignores that. Look at the vid in the link below. No one is there.

"No More Names" bus rolls Into Augusta urging gun law change | wlbz2.com

Back
Top Bottom