Nashua Advanced Clinic?

Just wondering if the dates and info had been set for the advanced HP Clinic in Nashua. Looking to try to improve this year and really want to try and make this if it is going to happen.

Any info would be great.
Dave S

Just wondering if the dates and info had been set for the advanced HP Clinic in Nashua. Looking to try to improve this year and really want to try and make this if it is going to happen.

Any info would be great.
Dave S

Looks like they are scheduled for August 16 and September 20. Full schedule is here:

http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/2014_NFGA_HighPower_Schedule.pdf

The intro clinic was a great way to get started, and I'm really looking forward to these too!

Got an Email form Dave Lavoie this past week, in regards to the advanced clinic at Nashua. He had to cancel this due to conflicts, He apologized, I believe they will still hold the 2nd clinic later in the year.

Dave S

Got an Email form Dave Lavoie this past week, in regards to the advanced clinic at Nashua. He had to cancel this due to conflicts, He apologized, I believe they will still hold the 2nd clinic later in the year. Dave S

Any word on this second clinic? I thought it was later this month.

Hello All,

Dave got the info for the upcoming NFGA Clinic up on the website today at http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/2014/2014_M_to_E_advanced_Prone_RIFLE CLINIC.pdf

Pre registrations. are required for this clinic.

Also people attending are supposed to be active Competitors that have their own proper rifle and gear and at have at least a current NRA Marksman classification.

This clinic is not intended for people that have little to no gear or experience.

Our clinic in April is the one for anyone to attend no matter is they have gear or not.

Thanks, George

Oh well, enjoy everybody. Maybe next year. :(

Is that because of a schedule conflict or
because you are new and don't have equipment, or a classification?

If it's the latter please stay tuned for the April beginner clinic the last Saturday in April of every year.

George

Last edited:
I did this clinic this last April, I thought these two were supposed to be follow-ups but it doesn't seem that way now. I have the equipment (well, can you ever have enough equipment?) but haven't shot in anything that would give me the classification. I shot at Braintree's CMP matches last year (not really interested in just shooting 100 yards anymore) and have done a couple NMC matches at Copicut, but nothing that would have been submitted to the NRA for classification.

I did this clinic this last April, I thought these two were supposed to be follow-ups but it doesn't seem that way now. I have the equipment (well, can you ever have enough equipment?) but haven't shot in anything that would give me the classification. I shot at Braintree's CMP matches last year (not really interested in just shooting 100 yards anymore) and have done a couple NMC matches at Copicut, but nothing that would have been submitted to the NRA for classification.

Rogues ( real name ? )
Please fill out the registration sheet for the clinic @ http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/2014/2014_M_to_E_advanced_Prone_RIFLE CLINIC.pdf and email to Dave and I and we can talk to see if you can attend.

My email is GSmith223 at comcast dot net. i don't know your real name so make mention you are the guy from this website that is inquiring.

That is correct. The advanced clinics are follow - ups for people that took the initial clinic and/or have been participating in Highpower, have the nessessary gear and are looking to improve their classification.

Sounds like you may be a good candidate for this clinic You will need a suitable rifle and ammo at the bare minimum. Suitable rifle would be an A2 or A4 AR15 with a 1-8 or faster barrel and a free float tube, 69 grain or heavier ammo and a decent web or leather sling.

(not saying you would but if you or anyone were to show up with an M4 with a pc of rope for a sling you will not be allowed to participate)

People in this clinic should not have to be instructed on how to pull and mark targets in the pits.
If you took the clinic in April you should be all set with performing pit duties.
Also refer to > http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/basic_highpower_info/clinic_pit_crew_handout.pdf

(You would be surprised at how many people with M4's or AK47's want to shoot 600 yards)

Other than the rifle and ammo listed above it is nice to have a shooting jacket and a usable spotting scope. We loan out mats and scopes to people that have bought gear and are participating in matches if we feel they are sincere and serious about progressing in the sport.

As coaches and shooters willing to give away our spare time to help new shooters we are cautious that we only give away our time and energy to people that are serious about progressing.

All that said, please fill out the event form and email it to Dave and I.

Thanks for the interest,
George

I have some National Match rope to loan out...;)

All kidding aside...Nashua runs a great clinic

You would be surprised at how many people with M4's or AK47's want to shoot 600 yards

They said it was a National Match edition.....

C7B7C659-39B3-4736-B8E1-71C5706DA7B8_zpstnxn6ts6.jpg

Thanks George, I sent you and Dave an email.

Thanks!
-Scott

Got it. Thanks!

It's Dave's call as he's in charge of the clinic but from what I read in your entry form and email looks to me like there is no question that you are a great candidate for this clinic.

Glad to see we set the hook good enough in the April Clinic and you have invested in persuing the sport.

Between Reading Rifle in Reading Mass, NFGA in Nashua and Pelham NH's new 600 yard range you are in a good location....

I'll see you at the clinic.

George

Thanks, looking forward to it!

Scott,

I was just re-reading your email and I saw where you said John Payton had checked out your rifle.
Tell that Lug to get his Ass back to some matches. I miss seeing him since he became a happy grandparent!

We can help you fix your problem of no NRA Classification.
You need 120 shots for record in NRA approved matches. All the NRA 80's I run at NFGA are NRA Approved so the scores go right in to the NRA. There is an NRA 80 at NFGA next Sunday 9/21 (the day after the clinic) we planned it the day after the clinic so people could pput anything they may learn at the clinic to use the next day in a match.

After that weekend there are 2 more NRA 80's left this year. 9/27 & 10/5.

The NHHPRL matches are a league so those scores don't go in till the season is over but they also count for classification.
Those are good matches as coaching is allowed and you get extra sighters and a free 600 yard practice after.

If you want to also work on a NRA Mid Range Prone classification there are 2 of those matches left this year at NFGA so you can get your 1st classification in that category as well. One is this Saturday 9/13 and the next and last one this year is on 10/11.

You have my email so any questions or anything I can help you with that you don't want to post here just drop me a line.

George

You may be able to find a reference or two that will vouch that NFGA is willing to help to shooters.

We get help from the some of the Reading Rifle crew with the clinics as well from time to time and those boys are some of the best shooters ( and coaches ) I know.

Last edited:
Thanks to Dave and George and all the other coaches that took the time to run a great clinic yesterday! I had a great time yesterday and today at the match. Looking forward to next weekend! I hope more people take advantage of these clinics in the future.

-Scott

Thanks to Dave and George and all the other coaches that took the time to run a great clinic yesterday! I had a great time yesterday and today at the match. Looking forward to next weekend! I hope more people take advantage of these clinics in the future.

-Scott

It was nice meeting you Scott and it was great to see you back for the NRA 80 Yesterday.
It seemed like the overall feedback from those that attended the clinic was positive.

It was great that we were able to get Duane's participation again in this one as he does a great job.

Dave was happy and I think he wants to run more next year if there's interest.
If it helps keep newer shooters in the game it is worth it

Back
Top Bottom