Names like 'Gunner' and 'Colt' are controversial because of gun control claims baby naming site

Reptile

NES Member

Other 'controversial' names included 'Karen,' 'Jemima' and 'India'​

Nameberry, a popular baby naming website, ranked the top 20 most controversial names with political or offensive roots in 2023.

The list, which was released in July, included religious names such as Adonai or Cohen as well as "virtue" or mythology-associated names like Adonis. While other controversial names included references to politicians or fictional characters, some involved deeper political issues such as gun rights and racial tension.

One of these names was "Gunner" which Nameberry warned could be a "polarizing" choice due to its relation to weapons.

"The violent connotations of Gunner make it even more polarizing than other dynamic options like Wilder or Maverick – particularly in light of the highly politicized debate surrounding gun legislation in the US," the site stated. "Other gun names to watch include Colt, Cannon, Caliber, Kimber, Remington, Beretta, Trigger, Wesson and Winchester."

Continues...

There's an enormous number of terribly conflicted Karens between Woburn and Medford at the moment.

Yeah, and yet no one is naming their kid Karen anymore even though it screams woke upset female. Seems like the Left should be racing to name their kids, both birth-genders (lol) Karen.

If you name your daughter kimber... and she isn't a stripper did you fail as a parent or succeed? Need a ruling here

Wesson is kinda a cool name though

Unless all you can picture is Florence Henderson's enormous mouth pitching on TV.

tumblr_ohoq9tncHP1tooympo1_400.gif

Honestly - if people are offended, how many are naming their kids "Gender-Neutral." "This is my biological unit, Gender-Neutral. You will address them as Ho-don and Whatever."

Waiting for some G.O.B. baby-momma in West Virginny or something naming her kid STFU - pronounced Stepheneau. ROFL!!!!

If you name your daughter kimber... and she isn't a stripper did you fail as a parent or succeed? Need a ruling here

Wesson is kinda a cool name though
Our dog is named Kimber, she is sort of a slut. We didn't name her just kept what the breeder named her. The whole litter had those names. Remington, Colt, etc.

Our dog is named Kimber, she is sort of a slut. We didn't name her just kept what the breeder named her. The whole litter had those names. Remington, Colt, etc.
I had a room mate when I was in the navy that used the word dogslut a lot...mostly for people that he didn't like....he also used the word treefaggot for the same reasons. Strange guy to be sure but he was a lot of fun to party with.

Back when I used to sell Fords forever ago, a former customer of mine used to be a professional trainer for Dobermans as security/attack dogs. He had two himself. Both were trained with commands in German. One was named Rommel and the other Tresckow (IIRC). He used to bring in Rommel when he’d wait for his truck in service. The most amazingly behaved dog, but this MFer could easily tear your throat out. This dog went from sweet and playful to all business like Lincoln Hawk flipping his trucker cap around.

Back
Top Bottom