NAA Sidewinder Range Report

Twigg

NES Member
So I finally scored me some .22WMR boolets through the courtesy of teh interweb
fce32f95.gif
and hauled my oversized self off to the range today. I fired a few cylinders in the general direction of the berm to function test my lil' beastie and found the spent casings difficult to eject from the cylinder [thinking]. I actually had to use a squib rod to eject the first couple cylinderfulls out.

Things got easier and I learned one must have the cylinder positioned just right so the casings don't get hung up on the back plate or the grip. The crane swings our easily and everything snaps back into the frame nice and solid like.

I had ordered the boot grip for my Sidewinder because having owned a standard NAA mini before I figured I could get at least one finger wrapped all the way around the grip and control the lil' beast better, and I was right ! [smile]

I hung my first target out at the incredible distance of five yards, (C'mon, its a mini.) [laugh] and let fly.
DSCN0835_zpsdf083ec4.jpg

If you think that little bitty bead is tiny, wait till you see it at arm's length. [laugh]
I was pleased at the controlability the boot grip gave this lil' pocket gun.
It was S-W-E-E-T ! [smile]

I even tried it out on the plate rack. Now this is my first attempt at taking and posting a video so of course I screwed up and stated the range was nine yards. It's more like nine feet. [thinking] [rolleyes] [laugh]
[video=youtube_share;3yunSvv7A2U]http://youtu.be/3yunSvv7A2U[/video]

I had fun today. Did you ?

Meebe next time I'll hit five outta five. [rofl]

I've got the box of .22mag...that might just be the gun for it. Now to find one here that won't break the bank.

Aloha

Back
Top Bottom