• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

my time at MFS

So im planning on getting my LTC soon, and didnt have the money to afford the class (damn school and books to pay for) so i went with a family member as a guest.

I got there late because i was unaware that they moved and i went to the Framingham location first. When i got to the new location, i was put in a seperate class from my host, but i believe that was a mistake.

I got into the class only a few minutes late, and the lecture had already started which i had expected it to. The first thing i noticed was that their new location was very nice. Although still under construction, it came off as a very professional place. All the instructors were dressed nice, the place was clean, etc.

Alex was our instructor. He was extremely professional and very nice. We "shot the shit" (pun intended) about handguns during break time and he was very friendly.

Class ended about 30 minutes early and i felt like i learned so much in the short amount of time we were there. LOVED the hands-on with the various firearms and loading/unloading. It really helped me get a feel for what to look for in my first handgun purchase.

although there were many people in my class that i would not personally trust with a handgun, i believe Alex helped everyone in the class be more familiar with firearms than they were before.

overall, great job by MFS. I plan on going back probably this weekend to pay for and pick up my certificate.

Back a couple of years ago I developed the "guest attend for free" program as a way to give individuals broader access to firearms training and education. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the program. Contact our office and we will see about giving you a discount for the class.

awesome, i just sent an Email. If i get a response then ill stop by today. also, hows the range construction going?

so this just came into my head. You have the certification for live meaning that people just need to re-take the class for free to become recertified.

so if i wanted to get re-certified soon (so i can do live fire rather than just the simulator) would that be possible?

excellent. might have to have the girlfriend get certified too so she can at least get her class b

Tell her the process is the same for both and that if you own fund that require an A, it's cheap insurance to keep them if something happens to you.

Seriously, there is no reason to apply for a B. ever.

no, i just know she wont carry a firearm. she only wants to shoot at ranges.

Yeah, well, a B still restricts DRAMATICALLY what she can buy (or possess) So even if she is just a trap on sundays type, an LTC-B is still a very, very dumb idea.

Also bear in mind that if she has a B and you have an A, some of your guns will not be able to legally coexist with hers. Think bout that for a minute. Do you really want to have to have two
separate safes? If you have large capacity pistols in a safe, she won't be able to legally have access to that entire safe!

An LTC B is the biggest waste of money. Ever.

-Mike

Tell her the process is the same for both and that if you own fund that require an A, it's cheap insurance to keep them if something happens to you.

Seriously, there is no reason to apply for a B. ever.

Yeah, well, a B still restricts DRAMATICALLY what she can buy (or possess) So even if she is just a trap on sundays type, an LTC-B is still a very, very dumb idea.

Also bear in mind that if she has a B and you have an A, some of your guns will not be able to legally coexist with hers. Think bout that for a minute. Do you really want to have to have two
separate safes? If you have large capacity pistols in a safe, she won't be able to legally have access to that entire safe!

-Mike

I agree with both above.

It's no harder to get a A vs a B, it's the same price, the same DQs, the same process and the same length of time for processing.

If you own a "A" gun (like a S&W 41, .22 target gun) and she only has a B, and you walk off leaving her with it (under her control) she is subject to prosecution!

An "A" is NOT A CARRY PERMIT! It is ONLY a carry permit IFF it is issued with NO RESTRICTIONS. Almost all PDs readily issue LTC-A, but many issue with restrictions so that one can't "carry" anyway.

Think of it like this . . .

You go into a "fixed price restaurant" which charges $30/meal NO MATTER WHAT YOU ORDER! You have a choice of hotdog, hamburger, fillet mignon or lobster! What do you choose for your $30?

well i dont like lobster. lol. filet mignon for me. thanks for the input guys. and thanks for making me hungry again

Back
Top Bottom