My recent purchase of a Uniquetek Micrometer, and a new scale.

Back in December, I purchased myself a few new toys for my Dillon 650. The first thing I bought was a new powder scale. As much as D love my Dillon beam scale, I felt comfortable enough reloading to switch to a digital scale, so I bought myself a GemPro 250 from Amazon (using the comm2a amazon link). So far, so god. It has been spot on. The only downside is that i need to give it about an hour to warm up otherwise it drift a couple of hundredths (not tenths) of a grain.

The other thing i got was a Uniquetek micrometer. This things is simply amazing. I can get my powder dialed in within 2 throws. This things is dead on precise. I honestly cant believe how easy it is to change powders and get dialed in. This was worth every penny I paid for it.

IMAG0002.jpg IMG_20150211_224036.jpg

If you haven't already, generate the calibration curve using the excel sheet provided on the Uniquetek site. Once the curve is generated, you should be able to dial in the right weight first time. There is a section where you can type in your desired charge weight and it will spit out the setting on the micrometer to use.

In the interest of safety, you will still need to weigh a few charges to verify the weight is correct. My weighings have only served to verify it is spot on.

Thanks for the feed back on the micrometer. I bought one and never bothered to install it as I could dial my Dillon powder measure pretty quickly. Your results indicate that the micrometer is well worth installing. I am still not ready to give up my thirty year old cheapo beam scale.

Back
Top Bottom