• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Pre-ban AR

wchandler

NES Member
I got this about a year ago from one of the NES mods. It had some ejection problems and would jam constanly (which were well pointed out at the time of sale). After a mere $60 repair at Bushmaster it works like new. I just put an Eotech on it and am going to get a flip-up rear sight. I also just orded a new safety selector from Bushmaster. I am going to little by little replaced all internal parts. Thought I would post a pic.

DSCN2652.jpg

DSCN2653.jpg

Funny that is what the guy at Bushmaster said!!!

I just want to replace\upgrade parts as I go. I don't know how old and what quality the internals are. I figure it will make it a better more reliable rifle as well as give me something to do...

wchandler,
Do you know what was the diagnosis and what work Bushmaster did?
I would think that if you are replacing internal parts, just a lower parts kit, spend an hour or two and be done.

Well that goes to what the above post says, why??? Bushamster cleaned the gas tube and resized something??? They inspected the lower and determined that there was no need to replace anything. I am doing so as a project and for the experince of doing so. I guess it is more of upgrading than repairing...

Does the Eotech give an unobstructed sight line to the target, or does it co-witness with the factory A-post front sight? I just bought a similar upper, and was going to put an Eotech on it as well.

Thanks!

I just got a self lesson at rebuilding the lower. I was replace the safety selector switch. I popped out the two pins and everything fell out (Trigger, hammer, disconnector, etc...). It took me a few hours to get everything back. I had the spring on the hammer assembly backward and it wouldn't fire.. After some searching on AR15.com, I figured it out and it's back together. This is exactly the tinkering that I wanted because now I could build that part of the lower in 5 minutes...

Back
Top Bottom