• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My LTC Experiences

Moral of the story: Be nice and you will only have to wait 8 years and endure countless hours of needless BS to hold a license thats shall-issue for 100% of non-residents who take a short little class.

I agree that there is no reason to be discourteous, and you have a Class A Unrestricted License....for now...let's see what happens the next time you are up for renewal.

Your story is not dissimilar from mine and only illustrates how horribly mixed up our firearms licensing laws are here in Massachusetts. For me, this is THE core issue regarding gun rights in the Commonwealth and in my opinion that is what GOAL should devote a major part of its energy and resources on....others disagree...but from my way of thinking fair and equitable licensing (we will never be like Vermont with no licensing) is at the heart of any and all other firearms issues as they relate to Massachusetts.

Mark L.

Lets add a little humor to this topic. In 2014 I once again will have to renew, I'll probably end up with a RESTRICTED FID for MACE and can only carry it to and from the MACE RANGE.

Only after filing an Environmental Impact Statement and getting a permit from the EPA and, if you're near wetlands, the ACE. [wink]

"My LTC Expires , and now we have a new Police Of Chief, I am told it will be renewed but only for Target Shooting, I then appeal this decision, and go to the Cambridge Court for my Judicial Review, well gang I was butchered in the courtroom and of course the Judge favored the Chief Of Police saying he has the right to apply the restriction. Now I have a restricted LTC, but I still have a LTC, most important to me."

I thought restrictions couldnt be appealed, only denials??

Back
Top Bottom